Wedding Woes

After Wedding Woes

I am lucky to say that the best thing that happened during my wedding was marrying my best friend. 

I felt like I had to babysit everyone.
First a sibling goes missing (the one in the wedding party) but found again 6 hours later, than parent freaks out and wants a divorce on my wedding night, and now two of the four bridesmaids have disappeared off the face of the planet, haven't heard one word from one since the wedding day and the other since leaving the plane, its going onto a week now. Anyone else have anything like this happen during and after their wedding?

Re: After Wedding Woes

• So, you had the wedding a week ago?  B/c it's not uncommon for my BFF and I to go a month w/out talking.  Until one of us is coming to visit, then we talk our faces off.  
  • But you would message her and she doesn't respond for a month?
  • I guess I don't understand.

Your wedding has nothing to do with this.

So, you've got a good friend who you haven't heard from in a week after messaging her?  Is this normal for your friend?  Has s/he been doing okay before then?  Where they supposed to go somewhere?  Have you actually picked up the phone and said, "Hey, just wanted to catch up" w/o mentioning the wedding (b/c again, it has nothing to do with this).
  • My best friend and I haven't actually spoken to each other since his wedding in May. We interact via tumblr messages and very occasional text messages, but when we get together again, it's like we've never been apart. For an adult, it seems like you're really expecting a high school amount of attention for your friendships...

• VarunaTT said:
    I guess I don't understand.

Your wedding has nothing to do with this.

So, you've got a good friend who you haven't heard from in a week after messaging her?  Is this normal for your friend?  Has s/he been doing okay before then?  Where they supposed to go somewhere?  Have you actually picked up the phone and said, "Hey, just wanted to catch up" w/o mentioning the wedding (b/c again, it has nothing to do with this).
    She has her phone on her 24/7 which is the strange part. I'm sure its nothing to do with the actual wedding, but I'm lost on what it could be, because it all started the morning after the wedding. No answer on the phone. But at least I know she's still alive #selfies. But I was actually seeing if others might of had situations like this happen after their wedding.
  • My best friend and I haven't actually spoken to each other since his wedding in May. We interact via tumblr messages and very occasional text messages, but when we get together again, it's like we've never been apart. For an adult, it seems like you're really expecting a high school amount of attention for your friendships...
    I'm sure if you didn't hear from a friend who doesn't let their phone leave their side, you would think the worst and I don't think I'm the only one who would think like that. Please keep your high school comments to yourself.
    I'm sure if you didn't hear from a friend who doesn't let their phone leave their side, you would think the worst and I don't think I'm the only one who would think like that. Please keep your high school comments to yourself.
    Not really. All of my friends keep their phones with them all the time, and I don't always get a response from them when I text them. They're busy, I'm busy, we're all busy. If they were to totally disappear off of the face of the earth, yeah, I'd probably be concerned, but you just said that you have proof she's alive, so I guess I don't understand what the big deal is.

Not really. All of my friends keep their phones with them all the time, and I don't always get a response from them when I text them. They're busy, I'm busy, we're all busy. If they were to totally disappear off of the face of the earth, yeah, I'd probably be concerned, but you just said that you have proof she's alive, so I guess I don't understand what the big deal is.
    Because she just posted something, which would make it almost a week after I had seen any proof she was still alive, which is a daily or hourly activity for her. I was close to calling her parents if nothing happened today. I'm not sure what kind of friend you claim to be but I do care for mine and become worried when something doesn't line up to their usual behaviour.
  • Are you sure she isn't just completely fried or miffed about some detail?  IMO, sometimes it takes people time to "unwind" from big events, give her some space...
  • Now that we've settled (ha!) the BFF thing...tell us more about the missing silbling.  And the parental divorce.  Who's parents? Yours? 
  • I'm not sure what kind of friend you claim to be but I do care for mine and become worried when something doesn't line up to their usual behaviour.

Yeah, juche, stop being such a shitty friend.  If you're not making a mountain out of a molehill, then obviously you just don't care enough. #shame
  • I am lucky to say that the best thing that happened during my wedding was marrying my best friend. 

I felt like I had to babysit everyone.
    First a sibling goes missing (the one in the wedding party) but found again 6 hours later, than parent freaks out and wants a divorce on my wedding night, and now two of the four bridesmaids have disappeared off the face of the planet, haven't heard one word from one since the wedding day and the other since leaving the plane, its going onto a week now. Anyone else have anything like this happen during and after their wedding?
    you got married a week ago? i guess the honeymoon is over?

for the week after my wedding, my husband and i didn't have contact with anyone other than our parents - and that was just a 2 minute call to let them know that we got to our honeymoon destination in one piece. we focused on each other and not how many selfies our friends were posting online. (I realize this was also 8.5 years ago, and people weren't posting their every action online, but still we don't do a crazy amount of vacation check-ins, now.)

presumably the people you're referring to are all adults, so maybe you need to back off and stop trying to manage their lives/"babysit". if your friend is posting stuff online she is obviously alive - maybe she just doesn't want to talk to you right now. you sound clingy. 
  • I should make note that this was a destination wedding, so I was making sure she got home safely (we live in different provinces), especially after the debacle that happened with cops and missing people, and didn't get a reply which is why I got worried. But after seeing the posts, I'm glad she's ok. We will talk when she would like. Its not clingy but more that I had a scare already about losing someone close the night before the wedding, and didn't want it to come true. Its like when you hear screeching of car tires but no crash, then more screeching tires and you hold your breathe to hope its alright. 

Our honeymoon was supposed to be booked for right after the wedding, but we changed it because we got the opportunity to move-in earlier on our new house. So we are going to get settled first and then go celebrate our marriage and the new place.

But back to the reason I posted anything, to see if anyone else had any stories from their own wedding that could relate to strange things happening.

• But back to the reason I posted anything, to see if anyone else had any stories from their own wedding that could relate to strange things happening.
    nope
  • i went to a wedding once where the bride made centerpieces out of plastic/artificial flowers/ivy and the favors were (lit) tealights. at one point during the evening someone must  have bumped our table or the centerpiece, and one of the vines caught on fire. a bunch of us were standing there, but nobody noticed the fire until the waitress came over all freaked out. i reached over and dumped my water on it and continued talking. 

the same reception was held in a hall with taxidermied animals  attached to the wall in various configurations/scenes. that was a bit strange. 

however, there wasn't any stalking or missing persons in that story, so it probably doesn't fit what the OP was looking for. 
  • I once saw on Oprah that this wedding party was hit by a drunk driver on the way from a wedding and the brides niece was decapitated and her head landed in her mothers lap. She picked it up and cradled it along the highway. That is pretty horrific.
  • ^^^ That story never gets old. 
  • I keep coming back to say something, but I just don't know what. My friends and I go long periods without talking.  If I was legitimately concerned that one was missing I wouldn't be posting to a group of people that don't know me, my friend, or my area.  I'd be calling her parents/boyfriend/roommate etc.

The only drama at my wedding was a bridesmaid leaving her undergarments in the bathroom when we were getting ready.  Halfway through the reception she found her old bra hanging on the hook of a stall.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards