Budget Weddings Forum
Options

Wedding Supper...open to all but only immediate family is paid for - any ideas?

Re: Wedding Supper...open to all but only immediate family is paid for - any ideas?

• Options
    CMGragain said:

So, how is encouraging people to be tolerant of regional and cultural differences being a snob?  Did you even read my post?

It's not. But nobody was being intolerant, like I all. I really think that you just like to be contrary, because you will harp on fucking ANYTHING.
  • Options
    @lolo883 - your Snoopy is being a snob!

• Options

SNOOPY IS SUCH A SNOB.
  • Options

SNOOPY IS SUCH A SNOB.
    Jinx!

• Options

SNOOPY IS SUCH A SNOB.
    Jinx!
    OMG, get out of my brain today!
  • Options

It's cuz he's white.

• Options

It's cuz he's white.
    But he's from Memphis and he's got black ears! 
  • Options
    CMGragain said:

Actually, I speak several European languages, and have studied Latin, so linguistics is an interest if mine.  I am a girl from rural Iowa with lots of farmer relatives.

Gee, I forgot that it was Friday, and it's time to pile on CMGr. (Yawn.)

You called people snobs for discussing why one area would use supper and another area use dinner. Is it the word snob you don't understand? Because it doesn't mean "Someone who has a discussion about differences in language usage".
  • Options

It's cuz he's white.
    Saying someone is white is racist.
  • Options
    ^ I like the word cocoa actually, but it doesn't come naturally to me. We've always said hot chocolate.
  • Options
    Goddamnit, how did I miss this thread? I am chock full of opinions about words and usage, but now I fear it is TOO LATE.

As for me, I read in a blog that the most serious paleo vegan juice-only dieters only graze throughout the day, making meal names completely moot. Oh, except for brunch, of course. At brunch, they "splurge" on egg whites. (Hipster snob, reporting for duty!)
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    MagicInk said:

Goddamnit, how did I miss this thread? I am chock full of opinions about words and usage, but now I fear it is TOO LATE.

As for me, I read in a blog that the most serious paleo vegan juice-only dieters only graze throughout the day, making meal names completely moot. Oh, except for brunch, of course. At brunch, they "splurge" on egg whites. (Hipster snob, reporting for duty!)
    I'd straight up die.

I mean I graze during the day too. On Reeses, on pretzels, some hummus...but when I splurge I eat like I'm a fucking death row inmate. 
    You're my people.

• Options

That was nice of you Liatris2010. knottie9057188, you definitely can properly host a wedding and stay within your budget. Sorry we got so off track with this thread.

• Options
    CMGragain said:

So, how is encouraging people to be tolerant of regional and cultural differences being a snob?  Did you even read my post?

Well thank goodness someone pointed my word intolerance to me...I would have never known that I'm supper prejudiced.

Don't even get me started on pop versus soda.
  • Options

To me, cocoa is a really evocative word - warm, snowy, probably just went skating - there's a whole event when there's cocoa.  Hot chocolate is simple.

And we have supper in our family.  Dinner is fancy, for special events.  J's family has dinner, though, so now in our house it has distilled down to "eat.  Now.  Food time."

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    kkcc2015 said:

CMGragain said:

Or tonic.

• Options
    kkcc2015 said:

CMGragain said:

Well thank goodness someone pointed my word intolerance to me...I would have never known that I'm supper prejudiced.

POP.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards