Attire & Accessories Forum

Opinions on Shoes please!

Ladies, my FH and I have a romantic theme going. I will have a blingy belt on but thinking I will be wearing pearl jewelry and maybe a sparkly headband, but that's still TBD. So to my actual question. Do these shoes look too blingy for a romantic theme??

http://m.macys.com/shop/product/e-live-from-the-red-carpet-zandra-platform-evening-pumps?ID=1500068&upc_ID=32735078&Quantity=1&seqNo=1&EXTRA_PARAMETER=BAG

Thanks ladies!!

Re: Opinions on Shoes please!

• alhaley88 said:

Ladies, my FH and I have a romantic theme going. I will have a blingy belt on but thinking I will be wearing pearl jewelry and maybe a sparkly headband, but that's still TBD. So to my actual question. Do these shoes look too blingy for a romantic theme??

http://m.macys.com/shop/product/e-live-from-the-red-carpet-zandra-platform-evening-pumps?ID=1500068&upc_ID=32735078&Quantity=1&seqNo=1&EXTRA_PARAMETER=BAG

Thanks ladies!!

I have no idea what a "romantic theme" is. All weddings are romantic, regardless of the amount of bling. Shoes don't need to match a theme anyway though. 

Those are really nice.

• alhaley88alhaley88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    Romantic= soft pinks, gold, candles, soft lighting, lace, etc. At least everything I have ever seen as "romantic" is like that, so that's what I envision. And thanks! I am just really not into extreme bling so I didn't want a pair of shoes that looked super blingy.
  • I think they are very pretty. I love the lace.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    Is your dress long?  If, so then the shoe won't really show so having it have to go along with your theme is kind of silly.

So, the only thing that you have to worry about is if you like them and if they are comfortable, or will you have to change out of them after an hour because they kill your feet.

ETA:  And really all this even holds true if you are wearing a short dress.

• alhaley88 said:

Romantic= soft pinks, gold, candles, soft lighting, lace, etc. At least everything I have ever seen as "romantic" is like that, so that's what I envision. And thanks! I am just really not into extreme bling so I didn't want a pair of shoes that looked super blingy.

I get that that's often what people *call* a romantic theme, I just still think it's kind of silly. Romantic can be red and black too, or any number of things. It definitely doesn't translate to shoes. I've never looked at a pair of shoes and thought "wow those look romantic." I've also never looked at a bride's shoes and thought "damn those don't match the theme AT ALL."

Lots of people get super caught up in their theme and take it a little too seriously.

• CJandRyanCJandRyan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    I love them and it sounds like they will match your belt and headband!
  • no one will see your shoes so don't worry. But I love the shoes you picked, I dont think they're too blingy. If they weren't peep-toe I'd totally get them too. 
  • plainjane0415plainjane0415 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    alhaley88 said:

These are my colors and I didn't know they were considered "romantic" I thought they were just colors.  Cool. Good to know.

ETA:  Words

• I like the shoes. I think the lace-look of them gives them a romantic-feel that will fit with your wedding beautifully!
  • No one will see your shoes. I think they scream bridal, so I would buy something I'd be more likely to wear again. 
  • They're lovely!!
    Also... two times people will 100% see your shoes:
    1) In photos such as getting ready, wedding attire, etc. (Your wedding party will also see them)
    2) During your first dance if you lift your dress
  • They're lovely!!

Also... two times people will 100% see your shoes:
    1) In photos such as getting ready, wedding attire, etc. (Your wedding party will also see them)
    2) During your first dance if you lift your dress
    Why would you need to lift your dress during your first dance?

• I agree that they are really pretty, but don't look very comfortable....
    You may want to think about the many hours of standing and dancing and decide if you think they'd bother you, or if you want to switch shoes at some point? 
  • Yeah I keep thinking about how much more comfortable I would be in flats...
  • Nah, not too blingy.  Probably won't been seen much/at all anyway.  Which is why I always suggest a metallic, not bridal specific shoe.  Will you wear ivory fabric shoes ever again?  Probably not.  I chose a metallic shoe so I could wear it on dates throughout the year by a designer I love.

Aside...if you're talking headband and necklace and etc., edit.  Just because you can wear all these things on wedding day doesn't mean you should.  When I think romantic, I think elegant and classic, not cluttered up.  Accessories only stand out if you're not wearing a bunch of them.
  • No, I think they are gorgeous! Granted, I love blingy stuff...but I don't think those are too overdone. They are very nice. Plus, who's really going to see them other than in the photos, if you specifically take photos of them? I was thinking of just wearing flats since I want to be comfortable and mine will be outside for much of it, and I doubt anyone would notice, plus that way my fiance will look taller in the pictures (he's only about 4" taller than me). But those shoes make me want some awesome heels now!
  • I think they are very pretty and if you love them then go for it. I agree with everyone else, if your dress is long they aren't really going to be seen anyways so as long as they are comfortable then you are golden. I plan on wearing ankle boots because they are comfortable, FI is only 6" taller than me, and I love me some boots, will wear them again so why not!?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards