New Jersey
Options

How far should you have guests drive to your reception?

Hello everyone! I just want to know how far you should chose a reception hall from where you live. I have a couple wedding venues in mind, but they are at least 40 minutes away from my town. So that means guests coming from all over New Jersey it could be even longer for them or shorter depending on where they live. Is there a set distance of how long you should make your guests drive? These venues I like may be a little bit far but they are in my price range. I'm just scared that if people find out they have to drive a little bit of a distance that they won't come to my wedding. I know that shouldn't make a difference, but I'm just wondering what everyone thinks is the average distance that you should have your guests drive? The church I am getting married at is in my town and then the reception hall would be about 40 minutes from there. And even if people don't go to the church, I don't know how far everyone would live from where I'm having my reception. What are your thoughts? Thank you so much!

Re: How far should you have guests drive to your reception?

• Options
    Our church is 30 minutes from the reception venue and hotels we have blocks at.  I do not think 40 minutes is too bad of a drive.
  • Options
    I would keep it under 40 mins from your ceremony venue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is about 35-40 minutes as well.. I think thats the max but it shouldnt be an issue
  • Options
    Mine was 40 minutes or less for 95% of our guests. :)
  • Options
    I would do my best to keep it under half an hour.  40 minutes is pushing it but I know in New Jersey (especially North Jersey) it can just take forever to get even short distances.

Also very important: if you have a half hour drive from ceremony to reception, your venue should be ready to open its doors to the very first guest who arrives half an hour after the ceremony.  Nobody should have to wait around at the reception area for any reason.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    My guest are approx. 30-40 in both directions.  We also have a block of rooms at the hotel in the event people want to stay and not drive back that late. Our wedding isn't ending until 12:30-a1am
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards