Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Major postwedding blues :(

Our wedding was on July 16th and it was simply beautiful. I married the love of my life who I swear was one of the last few good men left out there. After the wedding we had an amazing two week honeymoon in P*nta Cana. So why is it that now that we're back home I can't stop obsessing about the things that "went wrong" at our wedding?? Yesterday I actually broke down and started crying and really freaked out my husband...he couldn't understand why I'm feeling the way I am and I felt bad that he might think it's because I'm not happy with HIM :(

So here are the things I am obsessing about....

On our wedding day, we did "first look" photography in the garden by our apartment and then we were doing bridal party photography from 12-3pm and then ceremony was to start at 4pm. We had all the flowers delivered to our apartment in the morning and there was a strict schedule that had to be followed because we were going to two different photo locations and they were far from each other and also from the ceremony/reception place. So the limo came at 12 and picked us up to go to our first photo location, 45 minutes away. We got there and realized we left the flowers on the steps of our apartment building!!! I wanted to KILL the groomsman that was in charge of putting them in the limo but I tried very hard to stay composed and we just took photos there without the flowers. One of our photographers in the meantime drove back to our apartment like a maniac in his car to get the flowers. We were all afraid they'd be stolen or wilted from the 90 degree direct sunlight by the time he got there...but he got them and met us at our second photo location.

I was so incredibly nervous for the walk down the aisle. Up until then I was totally fine but then when it was just me and my dad in the bridal room and I knew I'd be walking out in a few minutes I completely lost it and couldn't stop shaking... when it was time to do the rings, I held out my right hand!!! My fiancee had this confused look on his face but he put the ring on anyways. I knew it was wrong as soon as he held out his left hand for his ring. I blame the officiant but he just assumed I knew it was the left hand. Omg...I barely even remember the rest of the ceremony because I kept thinking about the rings and what everyone was thinking :(    

Then other little things...
During our First Dance, the staff never dimmed the lights (or at all during the reception) so there we were in this brightly lit ballroom...Neither of us ever got to dance with special relatives (like great aunt and uncle, grandmother, etc) because people kept coming up to us and asking to take pictures with them. We had an expensive chocolate fondue station (my favorite kind of dessert!) and we never got to try it, or finish dinner, or eat our cake, because once again, anytime we were alone, people kept coming up...I forgot to touch up my face with powder throughout the entire night or to refresh lipstick, so I look completely washed out in the pictures (no dimmed lights didn't help!)...

So there you have it. My husband thinks this is all so incredibly silly and he held me for hours yesterday when I broke down over this and told him how I feel. He says the most important thing about our wedding day aren't the memories we made that night but the memories we are going to make going forward, and that I looked stunning, and that he doesn't care about the lights, or the rings, or the flowers because he would have married me without those things in a heartbeat, etc. He has a way with words :)   And I KNOW this is all true which is why I hate that I have these so called post wedding blues...I couldn't believe there's actually a thread on The Knot about this and it made me feel a little better that there might be other people out there feeling like this too.

(((SORRY THIS IS SO LONG)))

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Graduation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards