Wedding Woes

Who does this?!

So I got my wedding pictures back and we noticed something a little odd.

I ordered an owl cake topper from Etsy for my wedding, but by the time we cut the cake we noticed the bride owl wasn't there. That owl had been damaged and repaired a couple weeks before so we figured something must have happened and didn't think much of it.

But in the pictures you can definitely see both owls were there at the beginning of our reception. The bride owl is in the background of a bunch of pics until right before the cake cutting. It looks like somebody stole her off the cake.

Who does that? I mean, I'm not necessarily mad but I do have to wonder why somebody would randomly take a little clay owl from on top of a wedding cake. So weird...

Re: Who does this?!

• WHooooooo done it... who who... who who...

On a serious note though - any chance of ordering a replacement or putting the word out with your guest list that it's missing and if anyone knows (in a way that you just want it back)???

• did your caterer give you back the groom owl?
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    Maybe someone stumbled into the cake table and the owl somehow broke?  Still, that sucks if someone just hid it/cleaned it up and never said anything about it.  :(
  • We did have our catering manager check behind the cake to make sure the bride hadn't fallen, but no luck. So one way or another somebody picked it up.

We did get the groom owl back after the wedding. I'm debating if I want to say anything to the other guests about getting the bride back though. I'd want to be pretty careful about wording so I don't offend anybody. I might just contact the seller we bought the original set from, explain the situation and ask if I could buy a replacement bride.
  • I wouldn't ask your guests about it, but I do like the idea of contacting the seller to see about arranging a replacement. 
  • note to self -- steal wedding toppers at all the weddings i attend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards