Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Do I have to send save the dates to family that lives close by?

My fiance and I live close to almost all of our wedding guests, and see them all frequently. It's going to be relatively small wedding, 70-80 guests. Some of my family from out of state will be coming, and I know I need to send them save the dates so they can make travel plans. But do I need to send save the dates to the family that we see weekly?

Re: Do I have to send save the dates to family that lives close by?

• Options
    You don't NEED to send them to anyone.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    You don't technically need to send save the dates to anyone, but you can just send them to those that have to make travel plans. A money saving alternative would be to just make a phone call and let them know.

Quick reminder that everyone that gets a save the date needs to also get an invitation and invited to the wedding. 
  • Options
    STDs aren't required. Just get the word out to the VIPs.

• Options
    You don't have to do anything, however, I plan on sending them to my entire guest list, no matter where they live.  The last thing I want is for Person A who lives out of state to get a save the date, and talk to Person B, who lives in town, and say "Hey I got J's save the date!" and Person B thinking they're getting excluded from the wedding because they didn't get one.
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    I will repeat what Addie said.  You don't NEED to send them to anyone.  STDs are not a requirement, even though the wedding industry has pretty much made it so.  I did not send any STDs but everyone we invited still managed to know the date way before the invitations were sent.  Your wedding date will get around.  Tell your VIPs the date and have them spread the word.

• Options

You don't have to do anything, however, I plan on sending them to my entire guest list, no matter where they live.  The last thing I want is for Person A who lives out of state to get a save the date, and talk to Person B, who lives in town, and say "Hey I got J's save the date!" and Person B thinking they're getting excluded from the wedding because they didn't get one.

This was my logic, although I did just the VIP circle- all family and very closest friends. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards