Chit Chat
Options

I got in!!!!

2»

Re: I got in!!!!

• Options
    Viczaesar said:

Congratulations!

My good news this week is that I got into a big international conference at Oxford in August!  The conference only happens every 4 years.  Now I just have to find the money to pay for the trip.

I think a go fund me is in order.  *wink*
  • Options
    @Winstonsgirl, I think requesting letters of recommendation was my least favorite part of the application process.  It just felt like such an imposition on others.  I definitely had the same problem.  I asked a few months before, and then it was three weeks before and the letter hadn't been written, so I had to mention it again, and it felt so awkward! 

@buttercup1958 that sounds like an awesome job!  I really wanted to be an ancient art museum curator when I was younger.  And then I realized I didn't speak enough languages to get to the level/area I desired.  I think we should celebrate accomplishments more too.  I did go out with my family for pizza last night, which was fun. They were really excited to hear the news. 

@hellosweetie1015 let us know!  I'm crossing my fingers for you!

• Options

levioosa That sounds like fun. Pizza always makes for a great party.  Its funny that you mention the language thing because sof the schools I looked at said I needed to be bilangual by the end of the program . I couldn't run away from that requirement fast enough ha.

I spent 7 years in speech therapy so learning another language might have been a nightmare. To be honest I may have to learn Spanish sooner or later.

• Options
    levioosa said:

Thanks, everyone!  

@Madhops21, do you have anything on the menu that you're super excited about so far?

@Winstonsgirl, did they tell you when you could expect to hear back from them?
    They have all my foods I love, and for no extra cost, I can get a 6in cake with cupcakes instead of a full size cake.

CUPCAKES!!!! 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Options
    Congratulations on grad school! Sounds like everyone is having a good Friday :)

My good news is that i managed to get two promotions at work on the same day. It happened last Friday but I haven't been around much to brag. 

I interviewed for a position that's a big increase in pay. I was also asked to start training to cover another position in the company twice a week, also a raise on top of the other one. I finished training and got approved after work on Friday, went home, and my manager called to offer me the other position as well. The extra money will definitely help with the wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Congratulations on grad school! Sounds like everyone is having a good Friday :)

My good news is that i managed to get two promotions at work on the same day. It happened last Friday but I haven't been around much to brag. 

I interviewed for a position that's a big increase in pay. I was also asked to start training to cover another position in the company twice a week, also a raise on top of the other one. I finished training and got approved after work on Friday, went home, and my manager called to offer me the other position as well. The extra money will definitely help with the wedding.
    That's amazing!  Congratulations! 

• Options
    Yay yay!! So excited for you to join us RNs! Weeeeee
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    No good news here yet, unless you found that my sat is finally fixed after 2 weeks, hahaha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards