Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

wedding this weekend

FI and I went to a wedding on Sunday, and since we're in the planning process we were paying attention to everything.

The wedding ceremony was outside, and the programs were fans, which we were VERY thankful for.  It was the first time I'd seen bridesmaids in different style dresses, and I thought it looked pretty nice.  The bride and groom wrote their own vows.  So sweet, and about half of us were ready to cry!  We could all see they were incredibly happy.

The reception was downtown, and it seemed kind of weird that there was a security guard, but we figured that out when we left.  We were half a block away from what appeared to be a VERY popular club.

FI and I were disappointed with the food.  For the cocktail hour, the only food was chex-mix, crackers, and some sort of spread.  We were there about an hour an a half before the couple arrived, which seemed unnecessarily long.  Dinner was a buffet, with two set-ups (about 250 guests).  FI and I wished there were more choices.  The only food was potatoes (amazing), shrimp and grits, and roast beef and turkey.  Normally I'd be ok with that, but the turkey was really dry and the roast beef wasn't very good either.  There were also cold vegetables and cold vegetable ravioli.  I hate cold pasta! 

The spotlight dances were really nice.  FI and I also love when they had the married couples dance then see which couple has been married the longest.  They had a band.  They were very good at what they did, but they only did 60s and 70 music.  I wanted more variety.  Also, it was way too loud. 

Other little things:  We thought the centerpieces were way over the top.  The signature drink was a pomegranite martini - really pretty and very popular.  There was a photobooth that people seemed to like too.

Re: wedding this weekend

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards