Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Professional Pics with No Makeup

Hello! I never wear makeup, and I am highly considering going makeup free for my October wedding. I understand that I can do light makeup and it will improve pictures, but I don't know if I feel comfortable about the idea.

With that said, I'm curious if anyone has any professional pictures of themselves with NO makeup at their wedding. I'm curious how it looks.

Thanks!

Re: Professional Pics with No Makeup

• adverb said:

Hello! I never wear makeup, and I am highly considering going makeup free for my October wedding. I understand that I can do light makeup and it will improve pictures, but I don't know if I feel comfortable about the idea.

With that said, I'm curious if anyone has any professional pictures of themselves with NO makeup at their wedding. I'm curious how it looks.

Thanks!
    I don't think I could ever do this.  I'd do a couple photo shoots.  One without and one with professionally applied light makeup.  I really think you'll find the professionally applied light makeup will photograph better and just be more flattering.  Remember, makeup doesn't have to be heavy or even very noticeable.  Best of luck!
  • I can't help you with any pictures, but I would assume the overall effect would depend a lot on your skin. If you have some red discolouration, dark circles, sun spots, etc… it will come out in your pictures. That's not necessarily a problem, of course. 

Perhaps you could just wear a tinted moisturizer (without SPF because it has an effect on pictures) with a bit of face powder to set it. This would unify your skin colour without looking like makeup. If you wanted to add a little bit more colour, you could wear a tiny bit of blush.

• I don't usually wear makeup, but for our engagement photos I put on a little powder, blush, eyeshadow and mascara, that's it. I got my photos back this morning and they look great. I'd highly recommend doing just a little makeup, it'll help your eyelashes stand out and will keep any shine away.
  • I can't help you with any pictures, but I would assume the overall effect would depend a lot on your skin. If you have some red discolouration, dark circles, sun spots, etc… it will come out in your pictures. That's not necessarily a problem, of course. 

Perhaps you could just wear a tinted moisturizer (without SPF because it has an effect on pictures) with a bit of face powder to set it. This would unify your skin colour without looking like makeup. If you wanted to add a little bit more colour, you could wear a tiny bit of blush.

I like this suggestion as it will help make sure you don't have any shine in the photos and give you a nice even look while still looking natural. I would consider adding a nice nude or very light pink lip gloss. Not chap stick stuff, because that won't add the right lock and lipstick would be too heavy with no other makeup (in my opinion). But a nice light pink lip gloss would look great & still light.
  • When I got married the first time, I wasn't a makeup wearer at all. Since it was a special occasion, I did hit the drugstore and bought a few things to spruce myself up a bit: tinted moisturizer, tinted powder, lip gloss, blush, and mascara. That's basically all I felt comfortable wearing and applying. My rationale was that I didn't want to look like someone other than myself in the pictures, so I kept everything minimal. I don't know how much it actually enhanced the photos, but I did feel all pretty and dolled up so it was worth it for me. Maybe you could try experimenting with a few items well before the wedding and see how you feel in them. Take some selfies and see what you think. You might become a makeup convert just like I have in the ensuing years!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards