Chit Chat

Bouquet Charm Question

I am going to have bouquet charms made with pictures of my three grandparents who have passed away. My living grandmother is elderly and very very frail and so she will not be able to make my wedding. Should I include her picture in my bouquet? It seems silly to leave her out when she will also only be at my wedding in spirit? Or do you think it would be weird to include her picture among those have passed when she is still living as if she has already passed? Also  when I've been looking at the bouquet charms online, they are either pictures of the grandparent's wedding or formal portraits. I was thinking about doing pictures of them with me as a young child. Whenever I look at these pictures, I feel their love for me shining through and it makes me happy, but I don't know it's weird to carry pictures of my young self on my bouquet? What do you think?

Re: Bouquet Charm Question

• This is a very personal choice. You'll be the only one who really sees them, and you're doing it for you. So do whatever you want! This is one of those rare occasions where "it's your day" actually applies.

• edited June 2015
  • This will not affect or be seen by anyone but you, so do whatever you like.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think the pictures of you with your grandparents is a lovely way to honor those happy memories. There's nothing weird about any of your options and no wrong way to go about it, so do whatever makes you happiest.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I think you should do whatever makes you happy.
  • lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I agree with PPs. Do what feels right to you. Keep in mind that charms are usually really small. I've only ever seen "headshots" used as charms. If the photo was taken from farther away I'm not sure you would really be able to see much of anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards