Illinois-Chicago

Best bridesmaid dress shopping

Question- where is the best place to go bridesmaid dress shopping in Chicago? I am booking an appointment with House of Brides because they have the best selection, but their reviews are nothing but horrible, so I don't think we want to buy there. We may end up buying through Dessy.com or Weddingtonway, but I need to first see some dresses in person to get a sense of fabric, colors, and quality. Any other ideas? We are looking at dresses well under $200. I am open to the city of Chicago and the north/northwest suburbs.

Thanks!

Re: Best bridesmaid dress shopping

• I went to Bella Bridesmaid

BabyFruit Ticker
  • If you don't mind shopping online, check out Ann Taylor.  They have great return policy (at least 3 years ago, don't know if it changed).  My sister ordered couple styles from them for us to pick and the return was very easy.  
  • I love Ann Taylor and Jcrew, unfortunately they don't have plus sizes (that I can see). I have a BM that is currently pregnant, and will be only a few months post-partum at my wedding. I want to make sure I don't put her in a position where I pick a dress she's not sure she can fit in.
  • There are a couple salons along Oak Street in Chicago, but I think their dresses tend to start around $200. 

Also, I went to the David's Bridal on Clybourn (Lincoln Park-ish?) and it was a nice one with a big selection. 

• If you are willing to venture to Plainfield, I am in 2 weddings this year that got our dresses at White Satin and I am getting my bridesmaids their dresses there as well. Family owned, great selection, really nice employees and they price match!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a horrible experience at the House of Brides downtown and would never recommend them.

For cheap dresses, David's seems to be the best option. I got mine at the one in Norridge that's now closed but had a great time getting alterations done at the store in Oak Lawn (nowhere near you but I thought I'd offer).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks everyone! We have 2 appointments today- one at HOB and one at Bella Bridesmaids. I will let you know how it goes. I liked Davids when I tried on wedding dresses there, but I do not like their colors at all. And my MOH lives in a town with a bridal store where she can try on the dresses from the more popular BM dress designers - the nearest Davids is 200 miles away and she has a newborn, so that won't be happening. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards