Wedding Reception Forum

Wedding Party Entrance

Is anyone having an upbeat music playing for their wedding party entrance at the reception?

Re: Wedding Party Entrance

• We did.  Actually all of the weddings I have been to and have been in have had upbeat music play for this.  I mean it is supposed to be a celebration so I think it would be kind of odd to have somber music playing for the introductions.

• Yes.

...are you looking for suggestions, or...?
  • Nope....just asking and I am thinking about doing it too but have no idea what songs to play
  • Nope....just asking and I am thinking about doing it too but have no idea what songs to play

Pick a song that you like to dance too?  Pick a song that you think is fun and happy?  Pick a song that you think starts a party off on the right foot?

• Your DJ might have some suggestions. Just pick something you love that makes you happy.
  • Suggestion--- if you like How I Met Your Mother, we went in to the "bah--ba ba bah bahhhh ba bah ba bahhhh" theme music.  All of our friends love that show and we got rave comments on it. 

My husband also entertained the idea of "let's get ready to rumble" from sporting events but it wasn't my thing. 

Choose what you like! 

• Suggestion--- if you like How I Met Your Mother, we went in to the "bah--ba ba bah bahhhh ba bah ba bahhhh" theme music.  All of our friends love that show and we got rave comments on it. 

My husband also entertained the idea of "let's get ready to rumble" from sporting events but it wasn't my thing. 

Choose what you like! 
    We did the Chicago Bulls theme song.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAG said:

Suggestion--- if you like How I Met Your Mother, we went in to the "bah--ba ba bah bahhhh ba bah ba bahhhh" theme music.  All of our friends love that show and we got rave comments on it. 

Choose what you like! 
    Hahaha, me too!
  • KatWAG said:

Suggestion--- if you like How I Met Your Mother, we went in to the "bah--ba ba bah bahhhh ba bah ba bahhhh" theme music.  All of our friends love that show and we got rave comments on it. 

Choose what you like! 
    Hahaha, me too!
    Haha! I mean, I wasn't tied to anything really, and I would have done it if it was truly important to him, but then he came up with HIMYM and I liked it better. We're Bulls fans though!

Also, OP, that song that goes, "Girls go crazy for a sharp-dressed man"-- my friend had the groomsmen go in to that song and it was a hit. 

• Thank you guys. I think I have an idea of what song to use. 
  • Had we done an entrance, we would have used the theme from "Blues Brothers" (the one they always play when introduced). H and my MOH are suuuuuuuper shy, though, so we didn't do an entrance.
  • My wedding party and H and I entered to "Good Time" by Owl City.  Totally cheesy, but it was upbeat and fun.
    Anniversary

• We're going to come in to Whiskey In The Jar by Metallica. It's a good party song. My aunt and uncle came in to the Zombie Nation techno song that lots of like... high school basketball teams use. Because my uncle was a basketball coach. It was super fun and very appropriate.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I have been to some weddings where the bridal party intros. were very entertaining.  These young people did some very funny acts on the way in and the guests LOVED it.  I say to keep it as upbeat as possible.  It's a celebration so go out and have some fun.
  • Out of curiosity, what would have been the alternative if we had all said "No, it's inappropriate to have them walk into something upbeat"?  It's a wedding reception.  Should they walk in to a funeral dirge?  Taps?  Sinead O'Connor's "Famine"?

• jacques27 said:

Out of curiosity, what would have been the alternative if we had all said "No, it's inappropriate to have them walk into something upbeat"?  It's a wedding reception.  Should they walk in to a funeral dirge?  Taps?  Sinead O'Connor's "Famine"?

Haha. But in all seriousness, maybe people think that the entrance should be another slow love song, like a first dance song. 

• Haha. I have been to couple of wedding that use a slow love song as their entrance. I wasn't sure if it was becoming a trend or not but I prefer upbeat song. I just want to make sure that I am not the only one who prefer upbeat song. Also, I want to have fun on my wedding day and I defintely want to make sure that my guests have fun too.
  • esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015

Haha. I have been to couple of wedding that use a slow love song as their entrance. I wasn't sure if it was becoming a trend or not but I prefer upbeat song. I just want to make sure that I am not the only one who prefer upbeat song. Also, I want to have fun on my wedding day and I defintely want to make sure that my guests have fun too.

Then why would you consider having a slow love song as your entrance song just because it's a trend? Maybe I'm wildly misinterpreting what you're saying, but that's what this reads like. Plan the wedding YOU want, even if it's not trendy. If you want an upbeat entrance song, do that. 
  • We walked in to Aerosmith and Run DMC's Walk This Way. A runner up was the theme to the Throne Room.

We all entered to Turn Down for What.

We didn't have the DJ announce every.single.person in the bridal party because A. we had 19 WP members and B. guests typically find those long intros to be tedious and unnecessary.  The DJ just announced our arrival in general, and the WP walked in before us.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• arrrghmateyarrrghmatey member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015

KatWAG said:

Choose what you like! 
    Hahaha, me too!
    Haha! I mean, I wasn't tied to anything really, and I would have done it if it was truly important to him, but then he came up with HIMYM and I liked it better. We're Bulls fans though!

Also, OP, that song that goes, "Girls go crazy for a sharp-dressed man"-- my friend had the groomsmen go in to that song and it was a hit. 

Edit: Stupid boxes.

I originally had something else in mind, but I think we are going to do this ZZ Top song, too. The groomsmen will have fun with it.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards