Chit Chat
Options

Stupid people

13»

Re: Stupid people

• Options

This thread made me think about two extremely FWP I had at work today.

1) I emailed another department at work something along the lines of this: "We need to send subpoenas to Burger King and Wendy's in McDonald's, *file number.*"
    Response: "I cannot locate the entity "Wendy's in McDonald's."  I locate Wendy's and McDonald's as separate entities."
    Ummmm.... yes.... they are indeed separate entities.  WTF?  I responded: "Yes, we need to send subpoenas to Burger King and Wendy's.  McDonald's is the name of the file."
    And no, our cases are not about fast food, but the names of the companies are equally as well-known.  Like if you thought "Target in Wal-Mart" was one company.

And this gem:
    2) I emailed my assistant, "Could you please pull the following cases and send them to me in PDF and printed?"
    "I can send you PDF versions, but what do you mean by printed?  Do you want me to print them out and have them ready for you when you get here?"
    Yes.  Printed means please print them out.

lol that is awesome. A lady in my office sends word docs to another lady to "convert" them to PDF. I was copied on an email string and saw this jackassery happening. I was like "Um... wtf do you mean convert? It's file, save as, PDF. Poof! Magic!" 
  • Options
    FiancB said:

Oh my god, the whole chain letter/email/facebook post for good luck thing really gets me going.  Do you still believe in the tooth fairy too? Are you five? I don't think you're supposed to internet really until you're 13. 

Or how about the ones that are CLEARLY written for 13-year-olds, like "if you share this, you will be kissed by your true love in five days!" There was a girl my age (as in, at least 10 years older than 13) on my feed who shared a picture like this . . . and then her husband saw the post. She swore she shared it for the latter half of the post, which was like "If you don't share this, a ghost will come kill your loved ones . . ." blah blah blah, but FOR SOME ODD REASON her husband focused on the first part of the message . . .  
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options

@princessgracekelly

I just have to confess that I love your sig and that adorable cat makes me giggle every time.
    Thanks! It was a meme I could get behind. :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options

1) I emailed another department at work something along the lines of this: "We need to send subpoenas to Burger King and Wendy's in McDonald's, *file number.*"
    Response: "I cannot locate the entity "Wendy's in McDonald's."  I locate Wendy's and McDonald's as separate entities."
    Ummmm.... yes.... they are indeed separate entities.  WTF?  I responded: "Yes, we need to send subpoenas to Burger King and Wendy's.  McDonald's is the name of the file."
    And no, our cases are not about fast food, but the names of the companies are equally as well-known.  Like if you thought "Target in Wal-Mart" was one company.

And this gem:
    2) I emailed my assistant, "Could you please pull the following cases and send them to me in PDF and printed?"
    "I can send you PDF versions, but what do you mean by printed?  Do you want me to print them out and have them ready for you when you get here?"

lol that is awesome. A lady in my office sends word docs to another lady to "convert" them to PDF. I was copied on an email string and saw this jackassery happening. I was like "Um... wtf do you mean convert? It's file, save as, PDF. Poof! Magic!" 
    My old bosses were always asking for things to be "converted" to PDF. What was sadder is that my fellow assistant would constantly ask me which website I used to do it. Every time, I was like, "Nope, this is just save as PDF (or print-to-PDF, which is even easier). The website is for when we have to go from PDF to Word." (Our company was too cheap to buy Acrobat, so we had to go to places like PDFtoWord.com every time. It was ridiculous.

This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options

And this gem:

My old bosses were always asking for things to be "converted" to PDF. What was sadder is that my fellow assistant would constantly ask me which website I used to do it. Every time, I was like, "Nope, this is just save as PDF (or print-to-PDF, which is even easier). The website is for when we have to go from PDF to Word." (Our company was too cheap to buy Acrobat, so we had to go to places like PDFtoWord.com every time. It was ridiculous.

The old clerk that used to work for our department was like this. I would send her a flyer to post on our website and it would be in Publisher and PDF. She would always send it back with a super snarky email saying she couldn't post it unless it was in PDF and JPEG because apparently she needed both versions. So I would go online to pdftojpeg.com or something and do it. Eventually I was frustrated and told her where to convert things. Then she replied, "Don't worry, I can just do a PDF." What?

• Options
    I hate when people repost "share this and you'll get {insert product name} for free!" from obviously fake pages. If there's a "." at the end of the page name, it's not real. "Walt Disney World" is not giving away free vacations to everyone who shares a picture from "Walt Disney World." no matter what anyone says. And "Apple" isn't giving away free iPads if you share anything from "Apple."
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options

And this gem:

I think we have the same assistant.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Here's another one that makes my fucking blood boil...

And lots of variations of this one. Like about autistic kids who get punished in school for bringing a bible, etc. etc. I want to just shake these people and be like "ARE YOU REALLY THIS FUCKING IGNORANT"

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

And lots of variations of this one. Like about autistic kids who get punished in school for bringing a bible, etc. etc. I want to just shake these people and be like "ARE YOU REALLY THIS FUCKING IGNORANT"
    Ugh that shit grinds my gears.
  • Options
    My favorite is when I post the Snopes link and people go, "Snopes is run by the liberal machine/big Pharma/insert group here and they're working for the man!"

Bitch, Snopes has been around since the late nineties.

Either that, or they call me a "bitchy know-it-all". Well I'm sorry, but when I'm wrong about something, I appreciate being corrected so I don't look like a dumbass.
  • Options
    Oh! I just remembered... my bio-mom loves to send emails that say things like "Snopes verified!" in the subject line, but then the email is full of shit that, no, Snopes did not verify. YOU DIDN'T READ SNOPES, OBVIOUSLY. It's like people put that there just so people believe it's true.

Fact-check your shit, people.
  • Options

The one going around my feed right now is "If God wasn't real, atheists wouldn't exist. Proof!" By that logic, aliens are real because there are people who don't believe in them. The boogeyman is real because there are people who don't believe in him. The lockness monster, big foot, the tooth fairy, whatever the fuck else. All real.

And this is by means meant to offend anyone who is not atheist because obviously everyone is entitled to their beliefs and no belief is wrong. Just saying, that logic is absolutely terrible.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

The one going around my feed right now is "If God wasn't real, atheists wouldn't exist. Proof!"
    By that logic, aliens are real because there are people who don't believe in them. The boogeyman is real because there are people who don't believe in him. The lockness monster, big foot, the tooth fairy, whatever the fuck else. All real.

And this is by means meant to offend anyone who is not atheist because obviously everyone is entitled to their beliefs and no belief is wrong. Just saying, that logic is absolutely terrible.

----------------------------------quote box disappeared after I posted

This reminds me of a bumper sticker I've seen a lot that says, "God said it, that settles it, whether you believe it or not." Um no that really doesn't settle it for people who believe something else.
    Uggghhhhhhh
    Anniversary

• Options
    mikenbergermikenberger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

The one going around my feed right now is "If God wasn't real, atheists wouldn't exist. Proof!"
    By that logic, aliens are real because there are people who don't believe in them. The boogeyman is real because there are people who don't believe in him. The lockness monster, big foot, the tooth fairy, whatever the fuck else. All real.

----------------------------------quote box disappeared after I posted

This reminds me of a bumber sticker I've seen a lot that says, "God said it, that settles it, whether you believe it or not." Um no that really doesn't settle it for people who believe something else.
    Uggghhhhhhh
    ****FUCK THIS STUPID TK UPDATE.****

BUT IT IS SETTLED!!

I also hate on the "Like = you think this puppy/baby/one horn, one-eyed flying purple people eater is cute. Comment = you hate this puppy/baby/one horn, one-eyed flying purple people eater." And all the others "You must share this or DIE!! Face massive consequences like a world wide cheese shortage!!" 

The horror.

• Options

I also hate on the "Like = you think this puppy/baby/one horn, one-eyed flying purple people eater is cute. Comment = you hate this puppy/baby/one horn, one-eyed flying purple people eater." And all the others "You must share this or DIE!! Face massive consequences like a world wide cheese shortage!!" 

The horror.

The bolded pisses me off because "likes" and comments are BOTH "engagement" from a marketing perspective, and they both "bump" the post, so by doing either one, you're supporting the company/perpetuating the post, regardless of whether you agree (like) or disagree (comment). Every time I see it I'm like, NO, ASSHOLES. I will just ignore your shit and hope you fade out of existence.

This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options

The horror.

The bolded pisses me off because "likes" and comments are BOTH "engagement" from a marketing perspective, and they both "bump" the post, so by doing either one, you're supporting the company/perpetuating the post, regardless of whether you agree (like) or disagree (comment). Every time I see it I'm like, NO, ASSHOLES. I will just ignore your shit and hope you fade out of existence.

I also hate the ones that are like "if I get a million likes my mom will quit smoking/so-and-so will pay for my cancer treatment/blah blah blah"

Anniversary
  • Options
    A non-internet kind of stupid that I was sadly reminded of today at breakfast.

I HATE it when people argue with you about a fact even though you tell them you are positive of that fact. I don't mean like political disagreements or even ones where you both have a hunch but neither of you is positive. I mean like a cold hard fact that you know 100% sure is true.

Examples (both real):

BFF: What time is the baseball game?
    Me: Noon
    BFF: Are you sure? I'm pretty sure its 1pm.
    Me: No, it's noon. I have the tickets right here.
    BFF: I really don't think so... I really think it's at 1. I'll check the website.
    Me: I'm positive it's noon.
    BFF: I'll still check. I really think it's at 1.

I LITERALLY HAVE THE FUCKING TICKETS IN MY HAND AND I AM TELLING YOU WHAT TIME THE GAME IS.

The one from today:

Me: Oh, [Former U.S. President] went to [my alma mater, small state school].
    Coworker: No, he didn't. He went to Princeton.
    Me: No, he definitely went to [alma mater]. We even have X Y and Z named after him on campus.
    Coworker: No... I'm pretty positive he went to Princeton.
    Me: I promise you he went to [alma mater].
    Coworker: I'm not sure about that...

I AM FUCKING SURE ABOUT IT he is basically the most famous person who went to my school. I KNOW what I am talking about.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    @charcoalandblush - That's one of my biggest pet peeves. It used to happen to me all the time at my old call center job in Michigan.

Them: "What time is it there?"
    Me: "3:00"
    Them: "I thought you were in Central time."
    Me: "No, we're in Eastern time."
    Them: "Are you sure?"

No, dumbass. I've been off by an hour since I was born. Thanks for letting me know.
  • Options
    novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

@charcoalandblush - That's one of my biggest pet peeves. It used to happen to me all the time at my old call center job in Michigan.

Them: "What time is it there?"
    Me: "3:00"
    Them: "I thought you were in Central time."
    Me: "No, we're in Eastern time."
    Them: "Are you sure?"

No, dumbass. I've been off by an hour since I was born. Thanks for letting me know.
    I used to answer phones at the hotel I worked at. 2 outstandingly stupid calls that stick in my mind:

1. A woman called clearly fucked up (either super drunk or on drugs or both) and was trying to book a room. I couldn't really understand her so I checked where she was calling from. She was calling from one of the hotel rooms. Was too fucked up to know she was in one, and wanted to book one.

2. Guy calls and says "How do I get to your hotel?"
    Me: "We're off of highway blah blah"
    Guy: "But how do I get there from where I'm at right now?"
    Me: "Where are you at?"
    Guy: "Paul's house."
    Me: "Sir, how am I supposed to know where Paul's house is?"
    Guy: "Well shit... Lemme figure out what street I'm on. I'll call you back."
    K.

ETA: I got a lot of calls for people asking for the time, too, and it went exactly how your convo did.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Someone I knew bragged all the time on fb about being so smart. This person shared a post on fb that a woman was pregnant and her baby managed to get pregnant by it's own father's sperm, while in the womb.  I commented, "When I say puberty, does it ring a bell, for you? Do not remember health class at all?" She said she was just joking; everyone knew she wasn't. I facepalmed on behalf of the world.

edited twice, and kept punctuation the same and confused the hell out of everyone... making myself look stupid :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards