Chit Chat
Options

Damn you Anthropologie and your cute stuff..

I should know not to open their emails..... I should know that.... But today, I spent $150 on this dress in less than 5 minutes.  All thanks to their email about dresses being 20% off, and the fact that I'm getting married and NEED (not really) this dress for the rehearsal dinner.

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/4130339188028.jsp?cm_vc=SEARCH_RESULTS#/

Pretty things, they get me every time.

Re: Damn you Anthropologie and your cute stuff..

• Options
    OMG, I saw that exact same dress in the store this weekend and thought the exact same thing. I love that dress! It's really going to take all my strength not to order it now that I see it's 20% off. EEK
  • Options
    Girl just do it.  It only hurts for a second. ;)
  • Options
    That dress is stupid cute. You need it. 

I signed up for Hautelook. Big mistake. 
  • Options

That dress is stupid cute. You need it. 

I signed up for Hautelook. Big mistake. 

I love Hautelook.  I got a pair of Genetic Denim jeans from there for $6 once.  They're regular priced $126.

I love the discounts they give on makeup too.

• Options
    That's adorable!

I said last night I need to turn off all retail emails. Between getting married, buying a house, moving, and quitting my job soon...dollars need to stay in my bank account. 

It's so hard when online shopping is my go to, "I hate work today" pick me up. 
  • Options
    blabla89blabla89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    Girl you NEED that dress.

I'm currently obsessing over this dress which is way out of my budget but it's so perfect. I'm going to ask FI if he would judge me for wearing it to the RD and then again when we go to dinner after the wedding.

ETA: As much as I hate the new knot layout I do like that our links are blue :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    blabla89 said:

I'm currently obsessing over this dress which is way out of my budget but it's so perfect. I'm going to ask FI if he would judge me for wearing it to the RD and then again when we go to dinner after the wedding.

Umm, you need to buy that dress this very second. It is so darn pretty and I would buy it too if I had any excuse coming up to wear it.
  • Options
    That dress is super cute. No judgement.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Dammit. Now I am looking at the cute dresses. 

This is my rehearsal dinner dress. I am short waisted, peplums are my jam. I got it during one of Ann Taylor's million sales. 

Anthro and BHLDN just really suck you in. I have been coveting BHLDN's Sadie wrap since I got engaged. It is finally on sale some, but I'm still trying to rationalize spending money on it...
  • Options
    blabla89 said:

Ok, so I need that dress as well..

I have these thoughts that I have to look impossibly chic with every outfit I wear the week prior to the wedding in Aruba.  **those thoughts are probably not healthy** That dress would be perfect.

I'm going to be broke.

But, in my defense....... I am a shopaholic, and have really limited myself from buying anything for myself for the last 3 months because wedding stuff has taken precedence...

I just have to make sure I don't go overboard, and it would probably be a good idea to inventory the stuff I already own that would be beach appropriate.

• Options

I bought this dress last week (full price and with nowhere to wear it) and I don't even feel bad because its so cute.

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/clothes-dresses/4130339188012.jsp?color=049#/

Anthro will get you every time. There is one so close to my office, that I actually had to change the way I walk to work, to avoid it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    plainjane0415plainjane0415 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015

Ya'll are posting the cutest maxi dresses ever right now.... and I feel like I need them all.

ETA:  I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes maxi dresses.  My knees are weird, so any time I can get something that hits at the knee or covers it, I'm all about it.

• Options

Ya'll are posting the cutest maxi dresses ever right now.... and I feel like I need them all.

At the risk of further being an enabler, maxi dresses are a great wardrobe staple. Why wear pants when a maxi dress makes you look like an lean and elegant column of a woman? 
  • Options

ETA:  I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes maxi dresses.  My knees are weird, so any time I can get something that hits at the knee or covers it, I'm all about it.

I have thick legs, so  I love maxis.

And it is taking everything I have not to buy the dress that @blabla89 posted. I think it should be my Easter dress.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KatWAG said:

And it is taking everything I have not to buy the dress that @blabla89 posted. I think it should be my Easter dress.

I think so, too.  I mean I don't know you personally, but that dress, I think everyone needs it.
  • Options

At the risk of further being an enabler, maxi dresses are a great wardrobe staple. Why wear pants when a maxi dress makes you look like an lean and elegant column of a woman? 
    My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    KatWAG said:

Easter...I didn't even think about that. Yes. Obviously need it.

(Except my church's Easter service is outside and I don't know if I want to wear something so nice, and it may be chilly outside...)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    blabla89 said:

KatWAG said:

(Except my church's Easter service is outside and I don't know if I want to wear something so nice, and it may be chilly outside...)

Just add a nice cardigan or a jean jacket. BUY IT
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KatWAG said:

blabla89 said:

KatWAG said:

Just add a nice cardigan or a jean jacket. BUY IT
    BOUGHT.

You guys are totally enabling my shopaholism and I'm okay with it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Those are all amazing. I'm too fat for any of them otherwise I'd need them all in my life. Finally a weight problem helping!

I've unsubscribed from pretty much all retail sites. It keeps me better behaved. "Better" being the key word.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Those are all amazing. I'm too fat for any of them otherwise I'd need them all in my life. Finally a weight problem helping!

I've unsubscribed from pretty much all retail sites. It keeps me better behaved. "Better" being the key word.

I just did this about a month ago. I've definitely noticed a change in my shopping habit. The only problem is when my boss comes in wearing something cute from The Limited (my go-to for work clothes) and she proceeds to tell me about the awesome sale they're having...
  • Options

I just noticed that on the dress I ordered it has a pineapple in the lace at the top.  Now if that's not perfect for the beach I don't know what is...

**still trying to justify purchase** ;)

• Options
    I almost fell into that trap with Modcloth. I got one of their "something you like is on sale" emails. Luckily, just before I pulled the trigger, I got a notification from Mint about a bill due soon. Dodged that bullet.
  • Options

It's okay, that dress is obviously a non-negotiable necessity, LOOK at it!

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    KatWAG said:

I bought this dress last week (full price and with nowhere to wear it) and I don't even feel bad because its so cute.

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/clothes-dresses/4130339188012.jsp?color=049#/

Anthro will get you every time. There is one so close to my office, that I actually had to change the way I walk to work, to avoid it.

::puts dress in my shopping basket::

• Options
    http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/clothes-dresses/4130265418077.jsp#/

I have no need for this dress, but It's taking all I have not to go to the mall across the street and buy the crap out of it.
  • Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/clothes-dresses/4130265418077.jsp#/

I have no need for this dress, but It's taking all I have not to go to the mall across the street and buy the crap out of it.

While I love this dress, it would make me look pregnant.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards