Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

wedding dress cleaning and preservation

hi ladies!!
Anyone happen to have recommendations on places for wedding dress cleaning and preservation in Philly or New Jersey??
I got married in September and have put this off for way too long!! Embarassed
thanks so much!

Re: wedding dress cleaning and preservation

• TheKnot runs deals through a company fairly often for this.  I used to get e-mails from Tk at least once a month after my wedding, offering me 99 dollar preservation.  After some research on the market, that is a smoking good deal.

My dress came back A-Ok and in a box, so... mission accomplished.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-dress-cleaning-and-preservation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:34f5b1db-6c56-4d07-9af1-f41ec2311e00Post:c7a42b06-6734-4f15-86fb-2c1a3a161b02">Re: wedding dress cleaning and preservation</a>:
    [QUOTE]TheKnot runs deals through a company fairly often for this.  I used to get e-mails from Tk at least once a month after my wedding, offering me 99 dollar preservation.  After some research on the market, that is a smoking good deal. My dress came back A-Ok and in a box, so... mission accomplished.
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

OHHHHHHH I would totally love to have that deal/information, if you come across it again!  Thanks in advance!

Ella
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-dress-cleaning-and-preservation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:34f5b1db-6c56-4d07-9af1-f41ec2311e00Post:cadd1be5-d855-4086-8738-33958503e9b6">Re: wedding dress cleaning and preservation</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: wedding dress cleaning and preservation : OHHHHHHH I would totally love to have that deal/information, if you come across it again!  Thanks in advance! Ella
    Posted by Ella and Pedro[/QUOTE]

<div>They change the coupon code whenever they run the deal.  You have to subscribe to thier solicitations (50% is stuff that is uninteresting, but occasionally really good deals like this one come along).</div><div>
    </div><div>I don't subscribe anymore, but you can definately enroll your email through this site, I'm sure they'll start running the deal since wedding season is starting to rev up.</div>
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-dress-cleaning-and-preservation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:34f5b1db-6c56-4d07-9af1-f41ec2311e00Post:664681f1-f0be-4e32-af01-18e8569e5a66">Re: wedding dress cleaning and preservation</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: wedding dress cleaning and preservation : They change the coupon code whenever they run the deal.  You have to subscribe to thier solicitations (50% is stuff that is uninteresting, but occasionally really good deals like this one come along). I don't subscribe anymore, but you can definately enroll your email through this site, I'm sure they'll start running the deal since wedding season is starting to rev up.
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!
  • I took mine to the local dry cleaners I normally use.
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We just want to make you aware of the dangers of a $99 wedding gown preservation. Think this through....for under $100 they will clean, press, preserve, box and ship your gown to you. Really? This dress was the centerpiece of your wedding! You want to make sure it receives the best care to insure it will be cared for and preserved the RIGHT way. You can guarantee your gown will be cleaned with up to15 other dresses and what ever was on their gowns is now on yours.
    Make sure to do a little research before making a decision as to where to take your dress to have it cleaned and preserved.
    Take a look at our reviews on the knot! "
    We hand clean each gown individually and preserve it in the best environment to make sure it lasts for generations to come.
    Check us out at "
  • No one gasp... but I took a chance and put my dress in my washer machine on delicate with some Tide and a scoop of Oxyclean.

Came out GORGEOUS. 
  • A friend of mine whose girlfriend worked for a bridal place told me that his girlfriend used to come home and wash the gowns in their washer on delicate all the time. If there's not too much beading and the fabric is water-safe, I'd say it's as good as any other option. Except, I guess, there'd be no one to sue if you wrecked your own gown! ;)
  • The photography studion we used actually did a photo shot for fun two models dressed up as brides doing a trash the dress session. They went a local paint ball gun range, shot each other, played in mud & the water. Photographer went home & washed the dressed in her machine & they came out no problem. I think the key is what material and how much & what type of detail work you have on your dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards