Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Baltimore Questions

I want to surprise FH with a trip to Baltimore for his birthday before our wedding...thinking 4th of July weekend so we don't use much days and take away from our honeymoon in November.  Could someone give me an idea of a good area to stay in and a hotel.  I think we are going to do a baseball themed weekend...so go to an Orioles game and then the next take take the train to DC see some thing and see the Nationals play.  Just stumped on hotels any help is appreciated.  Thank you

Re: Baltimore Questions

• Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    I would suggest to stay in the Inner Harbor area, especially if you are wanting to go to an O's game. There are plenty of nice hotels in that area to choose from and a lot of things are in walking distance (aquarium, Power Plant Live, Camden Yards and lots of restaurants).  And if you want to hit up any restaurants in Fed Hill, Fells Point, Little Italy, etc you can always grab a cab.

Make sure you go to Pickles Pub (right across the street from Camden Yards) before the O's game. Lots of people and great street food, plus far cheaper beer then what you will pay inside the park.

ETA:  Just know that since it is a holiday weekend it is going to be super crowded and hotels will probably be more expensive.

• Options
    You probably want to stay near the harbor.  When I was taking the Bar, I stayed at the Hyatt Regency, which was really nice, but will probably be really expensive over a holiday weekend.  I'd use Expedia or something to help you figure out a hotel since you can compare prices that way.  

If you want any suggestions about things to do when you're in DC, let me know!  I've only been to the city of Baltimore once in the past 15 years or so, but I live in DC so I can help you out there :)
  • Options
    I would also say the Inner Harbor or Harbor East. There is always something going on somewhere in the city. Last year they had an insane fireworks display in the harbor for the 4th. If you want O's tickets they went on sale with the box office today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Others hit the hotel side so I'll just mention that the DC metro has a stop just a couple hundred feet from Nationals stadium so that's a great option for getting to the game.  The Nationals stadium is nothing special but Camden Yards is iconic, so if you end up having to choose between the two you should definitely go with Oriole Park at Camden Yards.  You can of course buy tickets through the box office but you may actually find them cheaper on ScoreBig.com.  I use that site quite a bit.

Do you realize though that the Orioles are out of town 03 July through 09 July?
    Michael - The Honeymoon Guy  http://thehoneymoonguy.com
    Guiding you to a champagne honeymoon on a beer budget!

• Options
    @pattyandmichael I think we will have time for both he is a huge baseball fan if anythign that is what we are there for.  We will get there the 2nd and the Orioles have a night game...so I hope we will be good.  I think I am really looking forward to the Orioles game.

Thank you everyone for your tips I am going to start my reserach this weekend and start looking for tickets.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards