Chit Chat
Options

NWR: Stuck under the bed (advice needed)

2»

Re: NWR: Stuck under the bed (advice needed)

• Options

I'm incredibly sorry that you're going through this.  First, you need to remember that this is NOT your fault. 
    PP's are right, this is a huge red flag.  Has she gotten stuck under furniture before?  I, myself, had a dresser incident many years ago.  I turned myself around.  It took the love and support of my family, and knowing they were by my side was vital.  I take it one day at a time.  The sofa is looking super-tempting right now.  I know that one finger slipped under there, and I'm as good as stuck. 
    You need to sit her down and talk to her about how hurtful she's being.  Use "I" sentences.  This is setting the tone for your entire child-rearing experience.  Do you want your spawn to see their mom stuck under the furniture?  What about when JuniorMagic is school-aged?  All it takes is one drawing of mom's legs sticking out from the bed or a sleep-over gone wrong to land that kid in years of therapy. 
    If you can't help her for yourself, help her for the children's sake. 

P.S.  I hear Sarah Mclachlan is penning a special song to champion the cause.  You could also start wearing a "Furniture Brown" plastic bracelet to show your support.

</end thread>

• Options
    amelisha said:

Did you ever see that episode of Full House where DJ is babysitting and the little boy gets his head stuck in the stair railing and, in an attempt to get it free, she and Kimmy absolutely cover the small child's head in butter?

I just made the most unattractive hooting nose-laugh sound ever made.

Clearly you need to spray her with PAM or wrap her in a properly-sized SilPat.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Omg this thread!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I love this thread.
  • Options

BONUS: This one is called "Knockerball". https://www.knockerball.com/?mid=6068186
    Is that a win-win or WHAT?!
  • Options
    I agree with lolo. And I sure hope your have a prenup...
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    You might want to start keeping one these around for when she gets it into her head to do such inconsiderate things.

~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Opinions please: Would spanking be appropriate here?

Anniversary

• Options
    PSA: I'm not a mod or anything but would just like to remind everyone that this issue can affect relationships of all types, and we should try to avoid homo-normative language.

Anniversary

• Options

You might want to start keeping one these around for when she gets it into her head to do such inconsiderate things.

Yes, this. Or shake a can of pennies at her.
  • Options
    I think spankings would only encourage her...
  • Options
    MagicInk said:

I think spankings would only encourage her...

Tee hee.

Also, this thread totally cracked me up.
  • Options

As the owner of the Sophie Magic's wife is emulating, I can assure you it won't work.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards