Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wedding belt length

Hi everyone - I am in the process of ordering a rhinestone wedding belt for my dress. All sales are final, so I want to make sure I choose right. The belt comes in 2 lengths - 18in and 34inch. Mt waist is about 30in... so the 18inch belt will stop halfway around the sides of my waist. The 34inch will go all the way around my waist to the back. I can't decide which I should get! Any suggestions?

Re: Wedding belt length

• Options

I think it depends on whether you are wanting to attach the belt to your dress, or if you are wanting to tie it in a bow.  I would say that if you are going to attach it, you may want to go with the 34 in one.  If not, the 18 in might be best. 

• Options
    If the belt is only 4" longer than the size of your waist, you may not be able to tie it and having it sewn on may be your only option. I'd say go with the 34" to be on the safe side, and the seamstress can trim it down if needed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Thanks - only the rhinestone trim is 34in long... the trim is placed on 3 yards of fabric. I plan to sew it on anyway because the back of my dress buttons all the way down and I don't want to cover with a bow!
  • Options
    Lizbaby14 said:

Thanks - only the rhinestone trim is 34in long... the trim is placed on 3 yards of fabric. I plan to sew it on anyway because the back of my dress buttons all the way down and I don't want to cover with a bow!

I think your best bet then would be the 34 in one :)
  • Options
    Lizbaby14 said:

That makes sense. I'd still recommend with the 34" so that you and the seamstress can play around with it and see which way you like it better. It can always be trimmed to go halfway.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards