Wedding 911

Bridesmaid Dress

First, I want to say that I am getting married in May with 6 bridesmaids. I asked them to wear blue dress of their choice as long as it is knee-length and blue. I asked them if they can avoid satin or any satin like dress. They were all fine with it. We went to David's Bridal and they chose the dress they like . Each one of them had their own blue and it was neat to see my maid of honor wearing the lightest blue dress and my last bridesmaid wearing dark blue. It was something different.

Now, one of my bridesmaids decided she wanted to get a dress outside of David's Bridal. She didn't like the dress that she tried on at the store so she took it back. She wanted to wear the same dress that she wore to her sister's wedding last year. Here is the picture of the dress. She had this dress in purple last year and now she want to wear this dress, in blue, to my wedding. I don't really want her to but should I let her?  I don't want to hurt her feelings but I do want her to be happy too. 

Re: Bridesmaid Dress

• I think that's a beautiful dress. If you don't have a problem with them wearing any dress so long as it's knee length, blue, and not-satiny, what's the deal?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • you set out requirements of it being blue, knee length and not satin.
    It meets the requirements

Why do you not want her to wear it?? 
  • It just feels weird to me seeing her in that same dress that she would to her sister's wedding as a maid of honor. I guess I can let her wear it to mine.Just want an opinion. Thanks.
  • It just feels weird to me seeing her in that same dress that she would to her sister's wedding as a maid of honor. I guess I can let her wear it to mine.Just want an opinion. Thanks.

It doesn't matter.  She wore it and obviously felt so great in it she wants to wear it again.  Nbd.  It meets all of the parameters you set out.  

• you set out requirements of it being blue, knee length and not satin.

It meets the requirements

Why do you not want her to wear it?? 

Exactly this. Why on god's green earth does it matter if she worn it in/to another wedding? This gets into brides ills territory - steer clear.
    *********************************************************************************

But it's not the same dress. It's blue when you said she wore purple to the other wedding.  I highly doubt anyone will remember it's the same dress, and even if they do, it doesn't matter. And it's a completely different color.
  • Let her wear the dress. It's blue, knee length, not satin, and it's beautiful. No one else is going to know, nor care, that she wore the same dress in a different color to a different wedding. What more do you want?
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• First, I want to say that I am getting married in May with 6 bridesmaids. I asked them to wear blue dress of their choice as long as it is knee-length and blue. I asked them if they can avoid satin or any satin like dress. They were all fine with it. We went to David's Bridal and they chose the dress they like . Each one of them had their own blue and it was neat to see my maid of honor wearing the lightest blue dress and my last bridesmaid wearing dark blue. It was something different.

Now, one of my bridesmaids decided she wanted to get a dress outside of David's Bridal. She didn't like the dress that she tried on at the store so she took it back. She wanted to wear the same dress that she wore to her sister's wedding last year. Here is the picture of the dress. She had this dress in purple last year and now she want to wear this dress, in blue, to my wedding. I don't really want her to but should I let her?  I don't want to hurt her feelings but I do want her to be happy too. 

Eh, I'd let her wear it. She found a dress that she feels really comfortable in and it's within your specifications. I'd let it go.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • If you didn't want them to choose their own dress in a blue, then you should have delegated the dresses from David's style line ("This dress - you choose the shade of blue")...  The dress she chose fits your parameters, leave it go, it's not worth wasting your energy over!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards