Chit Chat
Options

My sister bought a long white gown for my wedding

Only posting this because I think it's funny, and I thought maybe those of you who have become very familiar with my sister's bullshit would also get a kick out of it.

My mom told me this today (so I haven't actually seen this dress; I was just told that it's floor-length with a big flowy skirt and it's white) and I started to laugh. She asked what was so funny and I said, "Nothing. This is exactly what I expected her to do."

Not gonna worry about it. In fact I forgot about it till just a little bit ago when FFIL was asking what he should wear to the wedding. And of course I said "Whatever you're comfortable in!"

Oh BSC sister. Endless entertainment.

Re: My sister bought a long white gown for my wedding

• Options
    I saw the title and thought, huh, that's strange. Then I saw who posted it and was all ohhhhhh ok not surprised. Ha. 

So I take it she is tentatively planning on coming? 
  • Options
    FiancB said:

I saw the title and thought, huh, that's strange. Then I saw who posted it and was all ohhhhhh ok not surprised. Ha. 

lol yeah, I wouldn't have bothered posting about it at all if you guys didn't "know" my sister, cuz I think knowing her just makes this so funny.

Apparently my mom is demanding that she show up, so she keeps telling my mom that I should re-ask her to be MOH. So she went out and bought this big fancy -- white-- dress. Ya know, for when I re-ask her. lol.
  • Options
    FiancB said:

I thought the same thing! Can't say I'm totally surprised. Oh well. At least you're taking it with stride and class and are finding humor in it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    hellohkb said:

FiancB said:

I thought the same thing! Can't say I'm totally surprised. Oh well. At least you're taking it with stride and class and are finding humor in it.
    There's seriously no point in getting mad or worrying about it. I just waste my own time and energy, make myself look like an asshole, and give her more fuel for shenanigans.

She wore a super elaborate crazy dress to my backyard bbq Eparty and I wore a sundress from Target. So I really was 100% expecting this from her. Meh. I'm gonna laugh about it for a minute. Then I'm gonna go make hummus.
  • Options
    Oooo hummus.

Wait.

You're going to MAKE hummus? You mean, like, you're going to open the container, right? Or you mean actually MAKE MAKE hummus?

Mmmm hummus.
  • Options

Oooo hummus.

Wait.

You're going to MAKE hummus? You mean, like, you're going to open the container, right? Or you mean actually MAKE MAKE hummus?

Mmmm hummus.
    lol it's super easy to make! And I got an awesome mini food processor for xmas that's super easy to use, plus you can wash it in the dishwasher! So there ya go :)

• Options
    I want your life.
  • Options

I want your life.

But you can keep your sister.

this just made me laugh so hard!
  • Options
    Haha.

I typed the first reply and then I was like "WAIT NO".
  • Options
    Hahhahahahahahaha.image
  • Options
    She just keeps on getting more crazy. You think she would max out at some point.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    There is no upper limit on cuckoo-pants!
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    I feel like your sister should have her own reality TV show.  I'm so glad you can laugh about this.  

Maybe we can set your sister up with mine and they can be friends.
  • Options
    You should write a novel about this and then get it spun off into a sitcom. I think your sister trumps HGF's BSC granny that she used to post about, and that's saying a lot.

Obviously everyone will know that you're the bride and she's an AW. Be classy, and let her make an ass of herself.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Brad and crazy sis need to hook up
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

What are the odds the Brad is behind this? #blamebrad

This totally just made me giggle!
  • Options
    I wonder what's next..she'll try to stand in your place at the altar?

Also she needs a designated adult to remove her during the ceremony if she starts toddler tantruming like at your engagement party...maybe give that job to Brad as an "honour"?

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options

I wonder what's next..she'll try to stand in your place at the altar?

Also she needs a designated adult to remove her during the ceremony if she starts toddler tantruming like at your engagement party...maybe give that job to Brad as an "honour"?

Haha I love it! At least the guests will be so very entertained. Maybe we'll just give Brad and my sister each a sharp object and see how it goes. May the odds be ever in their favor.
    No. This would be too awesome
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, she is one hot mess.  Since your mom called you to tell you what your sister is wearing (she MUST have felt there was a reason you should know this) did she give you any idea that she thought what sister bought was unreasonable?

People will be talking about her complete lack of tact at your wedding and reception.

ETA - this was a bad idea to try.  I have a pinched nerve and can't type without some crazy pain in my right arm.  Just had to give it a try didn't I?  Dammit!
  • Options
    We definitely need to make a Bingo game for this.

Brad being a douche
    Brad's crazypants fiance doing something rude/obnoxious/bizarre
    My dad throwing a tantrum
    My sister flying off the handle

Hm... what else? I just hope the best drama happens in a good location so I can sit back and laugh my ass off, and/or get a good look at peoples' reactions.
  • Options
    kmmssg said:

Yeah, she is one hot mess.  Since your mom called you to tell you what your sister is wearing (she MUST have felt there was a reason you should know this) did she give you any idea that she thought what sister bought was unreasonable?

People will be talking about her complete lack of tact at your wedding and reception.

ETA - this was a bad idea to try.  I have a pinched nerve and can't type without some crazy pain in my right arm.  Just had to give it a try didn't I?  Dammit!
    We actually met up for lunch yesterday and were chatting about wedding stuff in general (like my mom's outfit that she finally decided on) and it seemed like she was happy with my sister's choice. My mom doesn't really get etiquette the way my dad's side of the family does so I feel like she doesn't really get that it's a bit of a faux pas for someone to wear a long white gown to a wedding lol. Oh well.

She started telling me I should e-mail my sister again so I changed the subject, so we didn't get very far in the dress conversation anyway. (She's kind of desperate for my sister and I to be "friends" again, but I'm done trying).

And yeah, people were definitely side-eying her and making comments for the crazy AW dress she wore to the Eparty so I can only imagine how shit will go down at the wedding. That's kind of the best part. I don't have to worry about it, because her AW asshole behavior will be on display for the world to see. Good for her.

I'm so sorry about the pinched nerve! I've had one before and it's effing awful!!! I hope it gets better fast. Muscle relaxers and heat pads seem to work magic for me. Good luck
  • Options
    That's perfect. Like so perfect. I'm incredibly excited for your wedding recap already haha. Can we see a picture of your sisters engagement party dress?

You are one classy lady. Keep it up. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards