Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Veil Help

Hello girls. I bought a lovely mantilla veil off of etsy. I absolutely love it. My mom however wants me to wear a blusher... I can't stand them, but in the heat of the moment I bought one for $30ish just to appease her. I'm afraid it will look kind of stupid with the mantilla veil. I don't hate it as much as I thought I would and it's the one thing she's asking for so I'm not dead set against it, but it is my day so we'll see... Just wondering what you guys think of that kind of look. Also, can't stand how it looks flipped back, so other than having her just grab the whole blusher and take it with her when she "gives me away" I don't know what else to do.. and will that look really dumb? Ugh. Any advice besides "just don't wear the blusher"... I'm leaning that way, but not sure if I'm missing something that can make us both happy. 

Re: Veil Help

• Options
    Sounds like you really don't want to wear the blusher so don't wear it.  There is really no other compromise here.  I get your Mom wants you to wear it, but I think she just needs to get over it.

• Options

Have you showed you mom how your veil and blusher would look together?

I have never seen a mantilla veil with a blusher and I think it would look weird.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KatWAG said:

Have you showed you mom how your veil and blusher would look together?

I have never seen a mantilla veil with a blusher and I think it would look weird.

Here's a picture of one with a blusher added: 

Not sure if this is exactly what the OP is dealing with, but I agree it looks weird. You can tell it was just randomly added on. 

OP, I kind of see this as an option 1 or 2 type situation. Option 1 is that you put your foot down and not wear the blusher. Option 2 is that you just wear it and not worry about it, and let it be flipped back (because yes I think it might be off if your mom removes part of your veil and walks off with it). I'm sure you'll look beautiful either way. It's all about how YOU want to look on your wedding day, and what you're comfortable with. 
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I think I'll just nip the blusher in the bud. I agree it looks off, not QUITE as bad as the above photo. I just wanted to make her happy too, but in the end it's my day. Not hers. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards