Connecticut
Options

Raw/Loft venue with outdoor space: Fairfield County, CT

peridottyperidotty member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited March 2015 in Connecticut
My fiancee and I are in the planning stages ... looking at venues. We have about 6 to look at. I am interested in most of them, but not really excited by any ... of course, I could end up loving all of them, and I am keeping an open mind. But there is part of me that still really wants the exposed brick, beams, un-finished industrial feel. 

Here's the deal. We are in Danbury. So The Lace Factory (as gorgeous as it is) is WAY too far for us and our guests to travel. The Loading Dock is close enough, but has no place for an outdoor ceremony and is too finished and stream-lined. We are trying to keep this inexpensive, so that knocks out anything in NYC (if the distance didn't already.)

We like things simple, not huge fans of major opulence, or food that feels pretentious. That isn't a dig at anyone else's tastes, they just aren't ours. We like laid-back, fun, relaxed ... not about to serve duck confit at the reception. The Inn at Pound Ridge LOOKS perfect, but not sure if the menu is right, or if we can afford it.

Help is GREATLY appreciated.

Re: Raw/Loft venue with outdoor space: Fairfield County, CT

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards