Chit Chat

Obviously NWR but I have a date tonight,... UPDATE in comments

Re: Obviously NWR but I have a date tonight,... UPDATE in comments

• Thanks @RebeccaFlower !

I honestly don't even know where to start.  And everyone seems to tell me that the bright or dark lipsticks I wear are intimidating (but come on I blog about makeup!)  And that it will be a turn off to a kiss but I'll be honest, I'm not sure I mind that.
    I've had so many people tell me to tone down __________ because it's intimidating. FUCK THAT. If you're scared, you're just not the dude for me. And the same should go for your lipstick. It's a part of who you are, and you're not going to change it for someone, so you shouldn't start now.

I'd go slinky, dark colors for a "lounge."

image   image   image   image
    OK I legit have the booties in that last pic haha but there is still ice on the ground in NYC so not happening tonight.

We are so on the same page right now. 
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    Don't wear really heavy colorful lipstick. In my experience, it just makes a mess for kissing and maybe isn't as appealing. 

Like bright red lipstick or fun colors are for concerts and events where you don't plan on making out. 

In my opinion, of course. I think nude and natural is sexy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• lipstick on wine glasses is so obnoxious, and impossible to get off (i work at a winery). That's the only reason i'd steer away from it if you are going to a lounge that features drinking.
  • kaos16 said:

lipstick on wine glasses is so obnoxious, and impossible to get off (i work at a winery). That's the only reason i'd steer away from it if you are going to a lounge that features drinking.

Not to worry, I know what lipsticks come off on a wine glass and which don't.  

And let's be serious, I will be having a glass of whiskey because I'm classy like that.

And for the record, I'm so not planning on making out.  It's kind of amazing I'm even going on a date at this point haha, I'm not sure physical contact is there yet.

• Have fun!  You'll have a great night; I'm excited for you :)

• Come back and let us know how it goes! It sounds like, worst case scenario, you'll get to drink whiskey in a cute outfit, so it's already a win! 
  • I hope you have fun! 
  • Thanks ladies!  I'm nervous but a little excited.  Feels weird to be going on a date but a little bit liberating too!

• MagicInk said:

larrygaga said:

Don't wear really heavy colorful lipstick. In my experience, it just makes a mess for kissing and maybe isn't as appealing. 

Like bright red lipstick or fun colors are for concerts and events where you don't plan on making out. 

I'm sorry I'm confused larry. What are events where you don't plan on making out? Like..the bank?
    Agreed. I always plan on making out.

(Though I get if that's not what you want in this sitch, LL. But maybe wearing the lipstick will be your guard against that, like not shaving your legs is supposed to keep you from jumping in the sack.)
    Oh I'm definitely not shaving my legs either hahaha.  

• MagicInk said:

larrygaga said:

I'm sorry I'm confused larry. What are events where you don't plan on making out? Like..the bank?

(Though I get if that's not what you want in this sitch, LL. But maybe wearing the lipstick will be your guard against that, like not shaving your legs is supposed to keep you from jumping in the sack.)
    I tried that once. And then I got really drunk and decided "what the hell" and jumped in the sack. With my gross un-shaved legs. Good one, me. 
    Haha. I'm thinking of that How I Met Your Mother ep where Robin does this and then halfway through dinner decides she wants to sleep with her date so she tries shaving her legs with butter from the table and a razor given to her by the waitress. 

But anyway, have fun on your date LL! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• MagicInk said:

larrygaga said:

I tried that once. And then I got really drunk and decided "what the hell" and jumped in the sack. With my gross un-shaved legs. Good one, me. 
    bwhah! if that's wrong, I don't wanna be right.

• MagicInk said:

larrygaga said:

That's where I dig for gold. I go at 10am when the old rich men go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Have fun! I'm sure you will look great! I'm a huge fan of a peplum top, dark skinny jeans, black booties, and statement earrings look.
    FINALLY! A long sleeve peplum.
    Burgundy is always a knockout fall color. Sport our plus size Posh Ponte Peplum Top in a marvelous Merlot this fall season. www.kiyonna
    I love absolutely everything about this outfit! If only I could pull it off.
    "White Peplum Top w/ Light Wash Jeans & Blue Heels and Clutch" by sarratori ❤ liked on Polyvore
  • Ok so if I go with cool girl black skinny jeans and a top, heels or heeled boots?  It's only in the 40's here.  I so wish it was leather jacket weather.  I always feel cool and confident in my leather jacket.  Most of the rest of the time I feel like a mess

Apologies as I haven't made it to the end of the thread (in bed with flu & limited eye-ball capacity). I love the skinny jeans/flowy top/killer heels idea but don't we still have a lot of grey slush left in NYC?  My go-to for going out footwear has been a covered wedge high boot.  If you think you'll Uber the whole night, go for the killer heel.  If not, I'd do what PPs suggested, a sturdy boot or booty. 

I agree w/PPs about lipstick.  Wear what makes you feel confident.  Fi didn't even kiss me on our first date...it kept me (very) interested.  

Have fun.  I too am still inspired by the way you've picked yourself up, dusted yourself off, and kept on going.  I really hope the date goes well but if not, well, wine & scotch!  Silver lining.

• Also, I'm an idiot.  I just looked at the time and you're probably already gone.  Haha.  All space and time ceases to exist when I'm this sick.  Hope it goes really well.  
  • chibiyui said:

Ok so if I go with cool girl black skinny jeans and a top, heels or heeled boots?  It's only in the 40's here.  I so wish it was leather jacket weather.  I always feel cool and confident in my leather jacket.  Most of the rest of the time I feel like a mess

Heeled boots would be my choice tonight. 

If you can't wear your leather, wear a blazer--it always makes me feel like a real grown-up when I wear a blazer.

Re: "lipstick is intimidating": And? If someone is intimidated by your fucking lips then he is, to quote the great Destiny's Child, a SCRUB.
    Gurl. That was TLC. Respect.
    No we don't want no scrubs a scrub is a guy who can't get no love from me...
  • MagicInk said:

chibiyui said:

Ok so if I go with cool girl black skinny jeans and a top, heels or heeled boots?  It's only in the 40's here.  I so wish it was leather jacket weather.  I always feel cool and confident in my leather jacket.  Most of the rest of the time I feel like a mess

If you can't wear your leather, wear a blazer--it always makes me feel like a real grown-up when I wear a blazer.

Re: "lipstick is intimidating": And? If someone is intimidated by your fucking lips then he is, to quote the great Destiny's Child, a SCRUB.
    No we don't want no scrubs a scrub is a guy who can't get no love from me...
    Hanging from his best friends ride on the passenger side trying to holla at me...

Anniversary
  • chibiyui said:

haha I was just about to say that! Mostly so I could also post this:

Hope you have fun on your date @lacqueredlover! We all wanna hear how it goes! 
  • It went well!  I wore skinny dark jeans, a cool tank top, and heeled boots.  We had a 3 hour date ending in a kiss on the cheek and an asking out for a second.  It was actually really fun!  He was smart, funny, I had a good time even though I was freaking out a bit haha.

Yay!  I'm super late to this thread (and super behind on TK in general) but I'm so happy for you--even if it amounts to nothing, I'm really impressed with your strength during this tough time.  And I'm sure you looked BEAUTIFUL, 'cause I'm pretty sure you don't know how to do anything else.  <3
    Anniversary

• Awesome! Glad it went well!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yay! How was the whiskey? :) 
  • Yay! I love kisses on the cheek. So sweet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards