Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Forced Smile how to look more natural?

Hello all!

Getting married in 2 weeks and super excited. Looking back at our engagement photos and pics from my shower I noticed that I always have a cheesy forced smile. Does anyone have tips on how to look a bit more natural?
I'm comfortable with my photographer and I don't mind being photographed. Has anyone found any articles about how to pose for natural photos, relax your face etc.?

All input welcome!

Re: Forced Smile how to look more natural?

• Hey there! That's a really good question. I feel this way about some pictures im in too. I find that actually laughing a little bit helps! Maybe think of something a little funny (not too funny because then you might end up looking a little crazy!) or ask your photog to prompt you to smile a bit
  • Honestly, I think you will be so happy on your wedding day that you will be smiling naturally anyway. Otherwise, laughing a little does help. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just relax, before taking the pictures talk to your husband-to-be about the best memories you have together like: the first time you met, the first kiss, etc. I think that as long as you project the love you have for each other your smile will look natural. Best of luck ;)!
  • edited April 2015
    Dang it, old thread got me, OP is married already.

• I'm glad this thread is here. We took engagement photos yesterday and my fiance seemed so nervous for the first bit. He was doing a Chandler smile but eventually got into it. Any other tips for calm photos on the wedding day?

• I just had my engagement photos done this weekend, and our photographer had me "look at him" and then look at the camera when she did my individual portraits. It really helped me find my natural smile! Maybe discuss that with your photographer... have him/her instruct to "look at each other" then look at the camera.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards