Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

when to put on the dress? (xp)

i am getting married on saturday...the hair/makeup artist is coming to the hotel between 2 and 2:30 and i am leaving in the limo to my venue at around 5:30 for my 6pm wedding. i am not sure when to put the dress on?! i know i want to put it on at the hotel...but before or after hair and makeup? how long should i sit around in it? TIA!

Re: when to put on the dress? (xp)

• Options
    First of all, I just wanted to say that I think you are leaving too late to be on time for your wedding.  I would be AT the venue by 5:15 to 5:30, no later.  Your guests will most likely start arriving between 5:30 and 6 and I wouldn't want them to see me before I actually walk down the aisle. You should be safely hidden away when your guests start to arrive.  Also, plan that everything will run behind and you will be late.  If your arrival time is 5:15 and you  are fifteen minutes late, it's no big deal but if your arrival time was 5:45, you would be stressed and rushed.   

Get your airbrush done first if you're doing it then get your hair done after because sometimes the airbrush can get on your hair and then after that get the rest of your make up done if possible.  After you have hair and make up done, put on your dress but you must STEP into it.  It cannot go over your head.  If you have a poofy dress or a crinoline, you'll need to step into the dress, pull it up and then hold it up while your friend pulls up your crinoline and attaches it.  A friend may need to also put on your shoes for you and zip you up.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_put-dress-xp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:3be9c298-6335-438d-a1d2-7acd4cf6024cPost:e7e27c96-33d9-4ecc-87ee-2ba3cc2aa450">when to put on the dress? (xp)</a>:
    [QUOTE]i am getting married on saturday...the hair/makeup artist is coming to the hotel between 2 and 2:30 and i am leaving in the limo to my venue at around 5:30 for my 6pm wedding. i am not sure when to put the dress on?! i know i want to put it on at the hotel...but before or after hair and makeup? how long should i sit around in it? TIA!
    Posted by julieandjojo[/QUOTE]

I agree with theresa. You should be at the venue and ready for the wedding by 5pm or so. Your wedding day will go by really fast as it is, and I don't know about you, but when I am rushing around, it makes it go even faster and you can't enjoy it as much.

Can you call the limo company and change the time asap, even if you have to pay an extra fee? If you have enough help, you should be able to put the dress on once you arrive at the wedding venue. Or you could always put in on before you make-up, but then you risk something getting spilled on it and getting it dirty while you are walking in and out of the limo.
  • Options
    thank you. it takes 8 mins to get there...so i feel fine leaving between 5 and 5:30. the venue would prefer me not to get there until between 5:30 and 5:45.
  • Options
    I have a question.  Are you not having any pictures taken of you and your girls before the ceremony?  If no pictures, I would wait until like 4:30 to put the dress on.  Definitely AFTER hair and makeup but like another pp said, you will need to step into it NOT put it on over your head.  If you are having professional pictures done at the hotel, then you will need to be completely ready much earlier than that, like around 3:00 or 3:30.  Just my opinion.  Your timeline sounds similar to mine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck!  And Congratulations early!  I hope your day is beautiful and memorable to you and your FI!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!!!!!  you must be so excited that your wedding is TOMORROW!!!!!

Step into your gown after your hair and make up so you dont get make up on your gown.
  • Options
    I did the hair first and then the make up, and at the very end the dress :)
  • Options
    I had part of my make-up done, then hair, then dress over my ead, then finish make-up.  It worked fine.  Ask your hair and make-up people - they should know what would work best too.

Good luck!
    December Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Where we met - Mount Isa
    a small mining town in the Australian Outback. Neither of us are from there but we both moved there in the second last year of highschool. He was moved next to me in maths class to stop him talking. It didn't work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards