Nevada-Las Vegas

Taxi fare calculator

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=LV 

Not sure if it is hyperlinked but I was browsing and found this fare calculator. I think it could be helpful to serve as a guide.  It allows you to plug in your hotel to a destination. I was looking at taxi vs limo for our bridal party. Kinda seems like it would be worth it to pay $20 versus $250ish. Maybe not as classy but it only a short ride anyway! This was new to me...

Re: Taxi fare calculator

• $250 seems high.  Typical limos in Vegas are in the $70/hour range.  Even big 15+ person limos are in the low hundred dollar range per hour.  Where are you traveling between that a taxi would only be $20?  That seems low unless you're going between two buildings next to each other.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• That's really helpful. Seems to be fairly accurate. I'm going to let one of my uncles do a quick London cab search (he's a London cabby) to see if there is a margin of error on there. 

Does anyone know if children need to be restrained when travelling in cabs in the Las Vegas? UK used to be pretty slack about this but now is really hot on it and no cab driver will drive with a child not properly restrained any more. More for info for my wedding website then for me personally.
  • adverbadverb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    $20 seems like a pretty reasonable rate for south strip to mid strip. Is that where you are going?

For my friend's bachelorette party we did taxis everywhere. They can only hold a maximum of 5, regardless of how much room there is in them, so factor this in to your costs.

You can also look into a shuttle. Less glamorous than a limo, but at least people get to stay together. And you can rent one by the hour so you could stop somewhere else if you needed.
  • @vegasgroom LINQ to Planet Hollywood. I was told that in order to make two trips we have to book 1.5 hours. High end of options was $250ish, low end was $150ish. This was via chat with Earth Limo. The fare calculator estimated from $8-14 dollars per taxi, if memory serves me. 

I didn't realize that even if it was a van taxi we could only do 5 people. Thanks @adverb.

Not far, I actually walked it in in heels in November on the scouting trip to make sure i'd be ok for guests who chose to walk. 

I'm still debating. It will depend on cost, like every other decision of our wedding!
  • I would say from the Linq to PH...just walk..it's not far at all :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think most guests will but it'll be June 27 at 5pm in Vegas. Gonna be hot! I am not going to make the trek in my gown :) But I seriously may just take a taxi.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards