DIY Wedding Forum

How many feet of bunting for hanging in a 40x60 tent?

Hello,

My future mother-in-law is great with her sewing machine and my fiance suggested asking her to make the bunting we wanted to incorporate in the tent for our wedding.

Our tent will be 40x60 with 2 poles. However, I don't know how far the poles are from the sides and can't figure out how many feet of bunting we'll actually need in the end. 

I want to try and figure this out before asking her, as I do not want to ask her to make 400 feet of bunting, that would be nuts!

We were thinking of hanging four strings of bunting from the poles (not the top of the poles, maybe a little lower to be closer to guests eyes so it will be noticed) to the edges of the tent with a little slack so they hang down more loosely rather than hanging in a straight line.

Does anybody else have any experience with bunting and how much one would need to decorate a 40x60 tent with 2 poles?

Re: How many feet of bunting for hanging in a 40x60 tent?

• flantasticflantastic member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

Bunting is one of those things that probably will not be less expensive to make than to buy. Unless your FMIL really wants to sew something and has expressed that multiple times, I would not do this.

Anyway, the poles will probably split the tent into thirds lengthwise (so they're 20 ft from each of the sides).

Hello,

My future mother-in-law is great with her sewing machine and my fiance suggested asking her to make the bunting we wanted to incorporate in the tent for our wedding.

Our tent will be 40x60 with 2 poles. However, I don't know how far the poles are from the sides and can't figure out how many feet of bunting we'll actually need in the end. 

I want to try and figure this out before asking her, as I do not want to ask her to make 400 feet of bunting, that would be nuts!

We were thinking of hanging four strings of bunting from the poles (not the top of the poles, maybe a little lower to be closer to guests eyes so it will be noticed) to the edges of the tent with a little slack so they hang down more loosely rather than hanging in a straight line.

Does anybody else have any experience with bunting and how much one would need to decorate a 40x60 tent with 2 poles?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards