Snarky Brides

Getting married 38 times in 83 days... to the same person... with no divorce

JasperandOpalJasperandOpal member
5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
edited March 2015 in Snarky Brides
Did we already see this? http://www.buzzfeed.com/krystieyandoli/this-couple-is-traveling-the-world-and-getting-married-on-6#.sh1Mvz4Dz

Unbelievable. And I love that their reasoning is 1) they couldn't pick a theme, and 2) "regular" weddings are expensive and "not special"

You get to marry the person you love, how much more special does it need to be?

ETA: "they are committed to wearing all white for their entire trip"... because we need everyone to know we are SPECIAL.   Thats it, forget what we say about your wedding being ONE DAY, I am having my very own wedding year, different white dress for all 365 days of it. 

Re: Getting married 38 times in 83 days... to the same person... with no divorce

• it will never be special enough.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• polkad0tpolkad0t member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2015
    beethery said:

it will never be special enough.

It will so!  They are snowflakes!  Everything they touch is special!
    /s

ETA:I JUST REALIZED HIS HAME IS CHEETAH.  Sorry for yelling. 

Bless their hearts at least there's two of them because goodness knows it's a miracle these two managed to find each other. What's the over/under on which of them, if either, wears deodorant?
  • They will have multiple receptions back home once all the traveling is done.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • momofbride530momofbride530 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2015
    And multiple weddings once back in the states (insert eye roll). Could they be any more pretentious and full of themselves?!
  • I'm going to make fun of how they look now

He looks like the dude from Lucy who gave her the drugs in the first place. What the fucking shit are her eyebrows doing. 

I love them doing that pose over and over and over and over. Anyone can lift a 60 pound junkie over their head. As a former swing dance teacher, I'm not impressed. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yay know, if they didn't AW this I'd think it was pretty cool. A bit tacky, but shit, traveling by yourselves and shit is kinda cool.

But they AW'ed. And I just can't support that.

Anniversary
  • I am so embarrassed for them. And the more I read the worse it got. 

We're going to have a reception at home to show all of our friends and family pictures of us that we've already posted all over the internet! Won't that be super fun for them!?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • "Couldn't decide on a theme" is total bullshit. They just want their stupid antics to go viral and get their five minutes of fame. Barf.
    *********************************************************************************

• Wait. Hold up: they are traveling all over having these fun little weddings yet aren't legally getting married until they are all done and back home. 

This is a PPPD -- Pre-Pretty Princess Day
  • I would think getting "married" that many times would just take any specialness out of it.

• I would think getting "married" that many times would just take any specialness out of it.

^^ This. How is it special after you've already done it 10+ times before? Why not just take an epic trip together and leave out all the wedding crap, especially since it's not even legal where they live?
  • levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    "The couple committed to wearing all white for the duration of the trip..."

I'm sorry, but I think those are BLACK BOXERS.

I really just wanted to snark on see through pants. 

ETA: And why the inception photo shit with this picture? 

• I was JUST coming on here to post this article... Once I saw his name was Cheetah, any chance of me not snarking went out the window.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • teddygirl9teddygirl9 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    I think it's a cool idea to travel the world yourselves instead of spending $ on a big wedding. But it seems like they are still going to be spending $ on all their ahr? I saw that yesterday and thought of this forum
  • I love parts of this, am "meh" about other parts, and fervently dislike others.

I think it was a good point that having a marriage ceremony over and over wouldn't feel quite so special after a while. At first I was like "I would love to do this!" but then I thought about it and realized "nope".

• This looks like an overtly self-indulgent excuse for a fancy photo shoot to me...

I was first lost at "Cheetah" but then the part about "aerial, acro, and pole art" really lost me. Um, what on earth is that? Another excuse for over-the-top (literally) photograph poses, clearly...
  • julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    So a girl I know on Facebook posted this and said "I wish we could have done this!".  She married a friend of mine (that's how I know her), on a Friday at like 5pm, in a hotel in Orange County, with "drink tickets" and sat all the single people (ie me and like 4 other people) who knew nobody else at the same table in the very back corner.   They also did e-vites for the invitations.

Same couple hasn't really spoken to me since the wedding (when groom was single, we hung out at least once a week), but I got an invite (evites again!) for their baby shower too.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • I would have loved this story if they just decided to skip on a traditional wedding, went to the courthouse, and then used the money to  travel the world together. 

But nope, they just gone fucked it up.
  • edited June 2015
  • but then the part about "aerial, acro, and pole art" really lost me. Um, what on earth is that? 

They are forms of dance or performance art.
  • This looks like an overtly self-indulgent excuse for a fancy photo shoot to me...

I was first lost at "Cheetah" but then the part about "aerial, acro, and pole art" really lost me. Um, what on earth is that? Another excuse for over-the-top (literally) photograph poses, clearly...

It's glorified stripping. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited June 2015
  • Oh, this is "special" all right.

A friend on FB posted this with the comment that she'd love to do this. It took a lot not to comment that a person can't get married to the same person more than one time, and therefore this whole notion is a bunch of AWing bullshit. Not being an asshole: the struggle is real.
    Same friend commented on her own post saying something about how traveling is so much more meaningful than a big expensive bullshit wedding and I had--HAD--to jump in and point out that since one can only be legally married once, what they're doing is bullshit by definition.

I hate that they're taking a lovely, romantic idea (travel the world together, celebrate our love that way!) and turning it into an AW circus full of the world's most awkward pose. I mean, can we talk about that? PLEASE?
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • larrygaga said:

This looks like an overtly self-indulgent excuse for a fancy photo shoot to me...

It's glorified stripping. 
    Well not quite. Acrobatic pole dancers tend to come out as bare as they'll get. They might remove a cape or something.

But yes, pole = pole dancing.
    Perhaps often pole = pole dancing. But I think the idea is more Cirque de Solei. Aerial and Acro are the people who dance in scarves and the acrobats. And there are people that use the poles to dance that aren't about stripping. Like that acrobat in Ocean's 11, they showed him climbing poles in his first scene.
  • They were just discussing this on the radio this morning. The female host thought it was awesome and even liked their GFM to raise money to pay for their travels. The male host and one of the other females on the show were very much "Oh hell no!" Of course, the female host also thinks she really bought a camel ride for her friends by "buying" it on their Honeyfund so I'm thinking she's not very savvy about what weddings are actually about.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Oh geez. I didn't read this for awhile because I thought I'd seen it before... but wait, no, this is a new AW couple!

I could swear I read something ages back about a couple that legit traveled the world to experience weddings in different cultures. Instead of the self-unifying stuff, they had ceremonies performed by practitioners of whatever culture. The whole thing had an anthropological spin on it. It was interesting; but, I can't recall ever reading about the legal aspect (of course). Does the study of anthropology make it any less AW? No, not really, but at least it was more interesting. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards