June 2015 Weddings

Bridesmaid Gifts you would actually want?

Hi! So I'm getting married June 5th, which is freakishly around the corner now! I've been thinking about gifts for my bridesmaids for a while now, and I really want to make sure that I am giving them something they will actually really like and use. I have 6 bridesmaids, and are all pretty young (15 to 24 years old).

I was thinking of getting them cute racerback tank tops with their monogram on the back to wear the day of the wedding/getting ready, which would be cute for pictures. And my hope is that it is something they will wear again, as a work out shirt or just something to wear the rest of the summer.

In addition to the tank tops, I wanted to get them all an Alex & Ani bracelets. A different charm for each bridesmaid, something that reminds me specifically of them, to wear the day of the wedding. And lastly I wanted to get them a picture frame to put a photo of us from the wedding in, which I am planning on mailing to them after the wedding, as a keepsake sort of thing. 

Thoughts on this? I would love some honest opinions :)

Thanks!

Re: Bridesmaid Gifts you would actually want?

• Personally, I would like the tank top and the bracelet. Skip the frame.

One thing to consider if your bridal party is young, is that their monograms may change if they decide to change their last names when they get married. It wouldn't bother me personally, and I would still get use of the tank top, but just something to think about.
  • The biggest thing that I see about BM gifts on this forum is to remember that if its for the day of the wedding, it's a gift for you and not for them.

They should be personal for each individual, similar to shopping for someone on their birthday or at Christmas.

Personally a tank top and a bracelet that I didn't pick out wouldn't be up my alley, but I don't really fit into your demographic.  

They're your closest friends/family.  Do they typically wear racerbacks?  Do they own a lot of monogrammed items?  What about charm bracelets?

A photo of the two of you and a heartfelt note can be a sweeter gesture than gifts you purchased for day-of photo ops that they might never use again.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Hi! So I'm getting married June 5th, which is freakishly around the corner now! I've been thinking about gifts for my bridesmaids for a while now, and I really want to make sure that I am giving them something they will actually really like and use. I have 6 bridesmaids, and are all pretty young (15 to 24 years old).

I was thinking of getting them cute racerback tank tops with their monogram on the back to wear the day of the wedding/getting ready, which would be cute for pictures. And my hope is that it is something they will wear again, as a work out shirt or just something to wear the rest of the summer.

In addition to the tank tops, I wanted to get them all an Alex & Ani bracelets. A different charm for each bridesmaid, something that reminds me specifically of them, to wear the day of the wedding. And lastly I wanted to get them a picture frame to put a photo of us from the wedding in, which I am planning on mailing to them after the wedding, as a keepsake sort of thing. 

Thoughts on this? I would love some honest opinions :)

Thanks!
    I'm going to second @WildMagelet on this one. 

Something small, like a nice bottle of wine or gift certificate to their favourite store, would get more appreciation than something that's supposed to be used as a prop for a photo/is specific to your wedding/is something to be worn or used the day of the wedding.

Buy a gift like it's your BM's birthday. You don't have to buy them all the same thing, but ensure it's something they can enjoy after your wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Personally I would enjoy all of the gifts you mentioned. I haven't 100% decided, but I think I am going to get each of my girls a makeup palette because that is something they are all into. 
    photo tumblr_mfhfonwf671rg1b79o1_500_zps27a85afc.gif
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kimchoukimchou member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I ended up going with all three things because i couldn't decide haha!

• Personally I would enjoy all of the gifts you mentioned. I haven't 100% decided, but I think I am going to get each of my girls a makeup palette because that is something they are all into. 

This is a great idea! I never thought of giving makeup if it is something that the bridesmaids are into.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards