Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Ceremony too small?

Hi ladies, I need your advice since youve all "been there done that". I am thinking about having a ceremony thats right next to the pool where the cocktail area is going to be. What do i do when the ceremony is over? Is it not a good idea to have the ceremony soo close to the cocktail area?
Mrs Dunham

Re: Ceremony too small?

• I don't see anything wrong with that and at least it will cut down on guests travel time.  I am not sure if you plan to have children at the ceremony/reception but with a pool involved I would be very reluctant to inviting children.
  • I think it would be fine. After the ceremony is over, just have your bridal party, yourself and your new husband walk away to the area you want to take your photos in. Just have the officiate announce where cocktail hour and reception will be held and that you will be around to greet everyone after pictures.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Our cocktail hour was probably 50 feet away from the last row of chairs for the ceremony.  We did pretty much just was Tara said.
  • I don't see a problem with it!
    Married the love of my life on Friday, December 16, 2011!
  • Thank you for the advice I think i was thinking too much about it. Tara youre idea is great , thank you so much for your help.
    Mrs Dunham
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_ceremony-small?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:3eb83225-a063-4b63-a650-211df43ee321Post:8992c666-dd4a-4ee2-9171-9bd1a7c059f5">Re: Ceremony too small?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for the advice I think i was thinking too much about it. Tara youre idea is great , thank you so much for your help.
    Posted by SoFla+Star[/QUOTE]

<div>You're welcome. Glad I could help!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards