Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Bridal Brunch vs. Bridal Shower

edited March 2015 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
I just read another thread that stated the term "bridal brunch' refers to an event where no gifts are given.  I just ordered a whole bunch of invitations for my friend's bridal shower.  I'm hosting a brunch and referred to the event as a bridal brunch, because I wanted guests to know I was serving a breakfast/lunch buffet (it starts at 11:00).   I included the bride's registry information and my name under the hosting line. 

Will the guests be confused about the event?  I would feel horrible if no one showed up with gifts.  Do I need to reorder the invitations?  

Re: Bridal Brunch vs. Bridal Shower

• Options
    My opinion is that you'll be ok. If you included registry information, guests should get the hint. 

Also, people don't need to have a sanctioned gift giving event. If someone intended to give the happy couple a gift, they can mail it some time or bring it to the wedding if they didn't bring something to brunch. 

I don't think non-gift-giving brunches are very common and those that do occur are usually very small- perhaps just the bridesmaids and mothers, something like that. If that's not common in your circle, people will probably assume it's a shower. 

Also, yum. 

• Options
    If you included the registry information then I think you'll be fine. If I got an invitation for a bridal brunch that included registry info. I would assume I should bring a gift.

• Options
    A bridal brunch/lunch is something that the bride hosts to honor her bridesmaids. It's usually paid for and hosted by the bride and definitely not a gift giving occasion. 

A bridal shower is a gift giving event. Since you are hosting and included registry information, I think people will understand that it's a bridal shower brunch. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd assume I should bring a gift if there was registry info!  I think it's fine.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Since you included registry info, it's pretty obvious it's a gift-giving thing.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards