Wedding Etiquette Forum

k.

2»

Re: k.

• When will people learn that deleting your OP just draws more attention?! I had no interest in this thread until I saw the bat signal. Thanks @AlexisA01 for quoting.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'll be honest, its way more enjoyable for me when the OP comes back and is all, "YOU DON'T KNOW ME THAT'S NOT THE QUESTION I ASKED YYER ALL RUDE BITCHEZZZ"

Anniversary

• drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    I'm just here to see the hissy fit.

• My husband and I can't stand his brother's wife. She was in the front row next to BIL.  I didn't even notice her.

If your FI wants her invited and sitting in the front row next to his dad, why would you question that?  You're not queen of the world because you are getting married.

• When will people learn that deleting your OP just draws more attention?! I had no interest in this thread until I saw the bat signal. Thanks @AlexisA01 for quoting.

No problem! 

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• I have a question. If your SO is a member of the bridal party, does that mean you have to sit by yourself during the ceremony or with his family? I'm now curious if BF's brother and SIL made a mistake in that part during their ceremony as I was seated alone until his cousin joined me.
    Formerly known as bubbles053009

• I have a question. If your SO is a member of the bridal party, does that mean you have to sit by yourself during the ceremony or with his family? I'm now curious if BF's brother and SIL made a mistake in that part during their ceremony as I was seated alone until his cousin joined me.

Typically, during the ceremony, the first row or two are assigned and everyone else fends for themselves. As the SO of a WP member, no one is obligated to seat you or sit with you.

Anniversary

• Came for the DD.

Oh hi OP! How would you feel if you were invited to a wedding on your FH's side and, since the bride had never met you, she said you had to sit in the back without your FI while he sat up front? Would that make you feel good? No? Treat others how you'd want to be treated.
    *********************************************************************************

• It disturbs me how many times questions like this get asked. Really? You don't know this would be rude as fuck? I am appalled at how many people there are in the world who would think it would be ok to do something like this to someone.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14

Typically, during the ceremony, the first row or two are assigned and everyone else fends for themselves. As the SO of a WP member, no one is obligated to seat you or sit with you.
    Okay. I was just curious. Does that also ring true if your SO is the brother of the groom? Wedding happened over a year ago but I'm just curious now.

Okay. I was just curious. Does that also ring true if your SO is the brother of the groom? Wedding happened over a year ago but I'm just curious now.
    When H was in a wedding that I wasn't in, we (the SOs) were asked to sit in the third row just behind the family. It wasn't reserved seating, so our friends sat with us too.

But there is no particular etiquette involved. I would not expect to sit with the family unless I was actually family (i.e. married to the brother of the groom rather than dating; engaged I would maybe side-eye not being asked to sit with the family but get over it).

The front row is usually for parents and immediate family. My now husband sat in like the third row when my sister got married (I was MOH). My BIL (sister's husband) sat in the first row at our wedding (sister was MOH). 

Pretty much if your SO is in the wedding party, and you are not, you sit wherever just like another guest. BIL sat in the first row because the only people sitting there were my parents (and he was family).

Other SO of the wedding party sat wherever. 

• @artbyallie and @huskypuppy14 thank you both for your answers. Like I said I was just curious about it. It's good to know for the future. Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards