Wedding Etiquette Forum

Honeyfund at MOH's request

2»

Re: Honeyfund at MOH's request

• sheknows6 said:

Just remove the registry page entirely. People will give you what they want (probably cash). You cannot control this. You can only control your own actions, both of which right now (asking for no gifts and asking for cash) are rude.

To the bolded: So what then should she do? 

If both not asking for gifts, and asking for honeymoon contributions are rude, that really leaves her no option. All the comments seem to agree that removing the registry entirely is the way to go, but this suggests being rude....

Of course guests will give her what they want to give without her having to ask, but I'm genuinely confused by this.....
    I told her exactly what she should do - delete the page. There's a difference between "asking for no gifts" and "not asking for gifts." One is active, one is passive. The key here is never actively telling your guests what to do. It's the difference between saying "don't give me a hug!" and just stepping aside, crossing your arms, and letting body language do the talking.

OP there's a problem with changing user names since the redesign went live. There's a thread at the top of Chit Chat where we're discussing that and other issues with Riley. I'd keep an eye there and on Tech Help for when a fix is announced.

• edited June 2015
  • Hey @Knottie96479695,

It could be because the name you're using is already taken (sorry that it didn't just say that when you tried to change it, I need to look into getting that fixed!).

Can you PM me three options for usernames and I'll get you setup with the new one.

Thanks!
  • Sorry Katie!

Next time I'll MUD it up for you.

ZOMG!  FMIL is going to wear a PEACH dress which is almost like WHITE and NO ONE WILL KNOW WHO THE BRIDE IS!!!!  AAAHHHHH!

Better?  :-)
  • Sorry Katie!

ZOMG!  FMIL is going to wear a PEACH dress which is almost like WHITE and NO ONE WILL KNOW WHO THE BRIDE IS!!!!  AAAHHHHH!

I turned my head to look at something while the page was loading and out of the corner of my eye, I thought you said FFIL for some reason. Which would have made for a really awesome wedding.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Sorry Katie!

I turned my head to look at something while the page was loading and out of the corner of my eye, I thought you said FFIL for some reason. Which would have made for a really awesome wedding.
    Naw, man. FFIL is wearing this:

This baby knows exactly how I feel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards