Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

How did you find your makeup artist?

I've just recently decided I want to get a makeup artist for myself for the wedding, and make that person available to my WP at their cost if they want their makeup professionally done (I don't care either way). So my question is, how did you go about finding your artist? And how soon do I need to book this person?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How did you find your makeup artist?

• Where are you located? I'd suggest looking on your local board as well as utilizing TK and WW's vendor search functions. Additionally, I'd go on Yelp and look for salons. Contact some and see if they are willing to travel to you (if you want that) and if they do weddings.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I found mine through Thumbtack. She's doing my hair too, I love her! I'm now having her do all my hair needs..cut/color/etc. She's an independent so I would have never found her otherwise. 
  • My MUA was amazing!! She travels all over the country. I will admit she is kind of pricey but oh so worth it! A friend recommended her to me on Facebook and she has a page if you would like to see photos and before and afters. She does celebrities and make up classes as well. Believe me when I tell you she will not disappoint.
    ~Bangin' Bride-to-Be~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards