Not Engaged Yet

Monday Shenanigans

Happy Monday!

How was everyone's weekend?  We need an update from @GoldenPenguin's bridal bash!

Re: Monday Shenanigans

• edited March 2015
    http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/moday-when-the-alarm-rigns-crying-cameron-modern-family-gif.gif
    That is how I felt this morning.  Bax was up and down all night, and then at 4:00 AM he had fishbutt.  UGH!  I hate fishbutt.  Thank God for my Flat White from Starbucks to get me through this morning.

This weekend was pretty busy.  Friday we ran a bunch of errands and bought my spring seeds and flowers.  My mom and I trimmed the dogs' fur... it took hours, they were so furry.  Now they look so cute, though!!

Saturday morning, H played basketball with some friends and I went to Target and got some stuff for the house!  The bathroom stuff we got when we got married was starting to fall apart, so I bought new bathroom things and some fresh pillows for the couch.  I cleaned the house up and did a little spring decorating.  I cooked a frittata for brunch when he got back, and then we tackled the yard.  We cleaned up the backyard (it was full of trash and leaves that had blown in from the park behind us), tilled the garden, rearranged and cleaned the back porch.  I got to start some of my planting, anything in pots.  So now I have some herbs, arugula, sugar snap peas, and potatoes going on in the backyard.  We have to till once more tonight and then I'll plant fifty zillion sweet onions, shallots, butter lettuce, and baby peas in the garden.  Hooray!!!

We also trimmed the front bushes and cleaned the front porch, planted flowers and decorated it for spring.  I just need a wreath, but I can't find one I like.

We were exhausted (it's the most I've done since my thyroidectomy) so we watched Friends on Netflix forever.  Grilled out for dinner, and watched more Friends.

Yesterday was El Clasico (soccer) and I did my first PiYo work out since surgery.  I am sore today.

I have to take Bax to get his nails cut this afternoon.  That'll be fun.
  • Weekend was largely uneventful. I worked and celebrated BF's mom's birthday! Good food and good company is always fun!

Other than that I decided to ditch my original car plan (buying from a private seller) and switched to make plans to buy from a dealer and finance a used car instead, using my cash as a large down payment to keep my monthly payments low. This sparked a fight with BF because when I told him I perceived him to be pretty much detached and uninterested, but I need his help since I don't actually have a car and have no way to get to dealerships when I find something I like. We had a fight about it last night when I confronted him about his attitude, turns out he doesn't want another thing to stress about which kind of insulted me a little bit because the reason he's stressing is because he thinks I'm stressing and it's not like HE'S the one spending thousands of dollars.

UGH anyway so last night was kind of a bust after the bday dinner but I am past it now and optimistic that BF will get over his issue and help me without me having to drag him around, and I will FINALLY have a car and be able to do things like get a better job and go to the beach this summer lol. The little things.
  • Ugh that is how I felt when my alarm went off this morning too! I hit snooze 3 times. I actually feel like that every morning lately. The winter has been going on way too long and it's really affecting my mood and energy.

Glad to hear your getting back to being able to do errands and activities after your surgery!

Friday I was going to work out when I got home and then got totally distracted. We got a wedding invite in the mail that day for FI's uncle's wedding- FI's mom had told us the wedding was cancelled so I wasn't expecting it. It's the same day as my bachelorette so I can't go and I'm sad about it. FI will still go but I feel like I should add a little note with the RSVP about why I won't be able to be there. I really wanted to go but I thought it was cancelled so I didn't consider that date when I was asked what dates were good for my bachelorette. Oh well.
    BTW I guess my FMIL was expecting to be invited to my bach party? Did any of you have your FMIL there or are you planning to?

I made FI try on his suit that came in the mail when he got home. It fits besides needing a little hemming so that's one more thing down!

Saturday I did pretty much NOTHING but shower since I had zero energy. I watched some TV with FI when he got home at night.

Yesterday we went to another meeting with our venue coordinator. We won't be going back until the day of rehearsal since most of the details are all worked out! My brother (who is a bridesman) also ordered a suit yesterday too so hopefully it fits and then my side of the wedding party is set.

• Friday - H played poker, I was exhausted and fell asleep.

Saturday - H had his 1 year lasik appointment.  After that we picked up a few things for BIL's bday.  We just kind of relaxed during the day until later in the evening when we took BIL out for his bday.  After we got back BILs GF asked an awkward question that I'm still trying to decide if I should let go or not - after H left the room she asked if H and I were any closer to buying a new home.  This sounds like an innocent question but she's convinced BIL several times that we're looking and we're going to kick him out on the street and sell H's house.  I just told her that we currently weren't looking and hadn't really started seriously saving up for it.  I'm just not really amused with BILs GF recently - between always starting shit between H and BIL, the whole puppy incident and then a few other things (she just doesn't try to better herself and expect those around her to do it for her).  Oh well - I'm just trying to avoid her drama.

Sunday - H and I got our taxes done.  Everything is filed and happy... then I came into work and saw that they missed something on our W2's (shouldn't impact me, but I have to amend now - BOO!).

Anniversary
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@CocoBellaF Sounds like you made amazing progress on your garden! We didn't even get started this weekend - we had too many errands to run first and then it rained rained rained!!!

@untouchablets I'm glad you and your BF worked through things. It's not his financial decision, I don't understand why he got so worked up over it.

@Swazzle I can't wait for @GoldenPenguin to AW all the things!!

This weekend if it wasn't raining, then we were out running errands. H and I spent Saturday driving around to all the places. First stop was my favorite plant nursery for a rooted peony bush, a new bird feeder, and some seeds. I can't wait to get them planted! So far we're doing brussel sprouts, and a couple pepper varieties, but I know I'll also toss in some herbs and tomatoes later. Then we went to Lowe's and bought even more stuff for the yard. We went home, got a sprinkler system set up in the yard (we got this neato 4-zone sprinkler thing so I don't have to spend 2 1/2 hours of my life every morning moving sprinklers around to get our new sod established). We burned an old stick pile and then FINALLY relaxed and grilled some beer brats and drank beer.

Sunday it rained all day long. We met my mom at Costco because they had GORGEOUS established Japanese Maples on sale for $50 a piece! So we bought two for the front yard to replace a tree we're going to get removed later this year (it looks pretty shabby and it didn't handle our winter ice storms well). Then we folded laundry and spent the rest of the day chilling out because it was impossible to do anything out in the yard with the constant drizzle.

• Bue & White it seems like St Lucia is a really popular honeymoon spot these days! I'll be looking into it more. I can't decide on a place! The Sandals resorts are mostly out of our budget too.

• labrolabro member

@Blue & White I can't believe your 1 year anniversary is nearly here! How are the kiddos doing? Is your class still full of demons or are they starting to behave themselves?

@lavenderfields13 Even if my MIL lived local, I would never have invited her to my bachelorette party. Can you bean dip her on this one? Or say - My MOH was only  planning on inviting friends/the bridal party but I'd love to have a girls night another time? That's kind of weird. My mom and my MIL would never have presumed they were invited or would come to my bach party. I love my mom, and we're best friends, but still.

• @lavenderfields13 In the past year and a half, we debated (and @labro knows all of this) Hawaii, Turks and Caicos, St Lucia, Aruba, England/Ireland, Spain, Australia/New Zealand, and like 29000 other places.  We ended up going with Sandals because scuba is included up to two dives a day and we legitimately have never been on a beach vacation before lol - There seemed to be enough outside excursions as well.  My cousin also went there some 7 years ago and LOVED it - she gave us some great tips on what to do and stuff.  My sister, who is getting married in October, is also considering St Lucia.  So yes, it is popular haha.  One of the main deciding factors was airfare for us - it is WAY cheaper to fly to St Lucia from here than Europe, Hawaii, or Australia (all of those range from $2000-3000 just for airfare). 

Honeymoon planning is almost as crazy as wedding planning :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @labro my students have actually been pretty good lately.  Still have their crazy moments, but I love them

@southernpeach89 have you ever made the skinny taste bang bang shrimp?  They're freakin delicious.  Totally tempted to go buy some shrimp now (our local seafood place has 5 lbs for $25..but what do I do with 5 lbs of shrimp?!)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • labrolabro member

@labro my students have actually been pretty good lately.  Still have their crazy moments, but I love them

@southernpeach89 have you ever made the skinny taste bang bang shrimp?  They're freakin delicious.  Totally tempted to go buy some shrimp now (our local seafood place has 5 lbs for $25..but what do I do with 5 lbs of shrimp?!)

Answer: Eat all of it, of course! Or, use some for the recipe and freeze the rest til you need it.

• @blue&white NO! I had no idea there was a skinny taste bang bang! I need to look into this.
  • @southernpeach89 http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/05/bangin-good-shrimp.html you're welcome in advance.  It's also super easy.
  • @labro She didn't say anything to me yet. My mom IS invited to my bachelorette. She completely understood if she wasn't but my mom is one of my best friends and lives out of state so I love to see her as much as possible. For me it's not weird to have my mom there but I defintiely understand others not wanting that. MY FMIL is another story though. We're just not close like that- mostly my choice.
    I guess FI called his parents trying to figure out why we got an invite for a "cancelled" wedding and he mentioned I can't go because my bach party is that night and my mom already bought a plane ticket to fly in for it. So FMIL said "Oh, well I wasn't invited". ummmm

@blue & white I've been looking at every Caribbean island! It is definitely exhausting. Especially when you want the perfect place without the perfect budget! haha. I'd love to go to Italy or Greece, somewhere like that but we don't have the funds or enough vacation time. 

• @blue, @southernpeach89 - I've never made the ST bangin shrimp, only the chicken, but the sauce is SO FREAKING DELICIOUS. I double the sauce recipe.

• Hey people!!

@cocobellaF - I'm jealous it's warm enough for you to do things to your yard!!!

@untouchablets - UGH. Sorry you guys fought but I'll keep my fingers crossed you get a car soon!

@Labro - you're going to have the prettiest backyard in the world!!!!

@Southernpeach89 - Your wreaths are sooo pretty. Do you save and reuse them, or just make new ones each year? You should seriously consider selling them at craft fairs!

@Swazzle @buddysmom80 @csousa1 @goldenpenguin - I MISS YOU ALL ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I had basically the most awesome, crazy, wonderfully fun weekend EVER. @GoldenPenguin's shower was beautiful and she looked freakin GORGEOUS. Y'all need to see pictures. I'm basically still recovering and don't know how I'm going to make it through work today.

I have a super busy week, with things to do after work almost every single day. FI's friend is coming down to stay with us Friday-Sunday, and my bridal shower is on Sunday afternoon at my mom's house and I'm soooooooo excited about it.

Can it be Friday now please?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @swazzle yea that bangin sauce is pretty much good on everything :)
  • labrolabro member

@Hummingbird125 I can't believe your bridal shower is nearly here! Have you worked out what you're wearing yet? Are you still going to be a princess with a tiara?

• @Hummingbird125 -I reuse them each year but I love making new ones and sooner or later I'm going to seriously run out of space so I would love to sell them. I just don't know if anyone would buy them lol. I tried Etsy and I got a few people who would favorite some of them but they would never buy.
  • Everyone seems to have had very nice and "springy" weekends. I'm jealous of everyone with yards that can plant gardens! I'm also jealous of everyone with grills!

@CocoBellaF - Glad you're feeling so well! Sounds like you got a TON done this weekend!

@Lavenderfields13 - I did not invite my FMIL to my bachelorette. Honestly I think it would be a little odd to have a FMIL at a bachelorette. Surprised she thought she should be invited.

Saturday H and I went to our all-day birthing class. It was actually really informative and I feel like i'm better prepared now to make decisions when the big day arrives. I'm honestly not freaked out about it all...is that strange? A lot of the women in the class seemed pretty freaked after class.

Sunday H and I finally converted our Ikea Ektorp chair into a rocker. It was much easier than either of us thought, and it rocks and swivels really well! Now we just need an ottoman. We also got some errands done and went to an evening movie. We say All Night Long (H's choice) and I do NOT recommend it. Pretty much just two guys running around trying to kill each other ALL.NIGHT.LONG.

I slept well last night, but my hips are hurting...and I'm already tired again. Hopefully I get another spurt of energy soon. I do not want to spend the last 5 weeks in a constant state of exhaustion.

• @labro - I'm going to wear a pretty simple white dress from H&M - Unfortunately I just could not make my tulle skirt "work" lol, but I LOVE the dress I bought. I can't find any good pictures of it online, but I'm sure you'll see some on Sunday ;-) According to @Swazzle, @GoldenPenguin, @Csousa1, and @buddysmom80 I am ALWAYS a princess, but I have no idea if there is a tiara in my future...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Hummingbird125 - Although I LOVE the warmer weather, it also means that we have our first chance of severe weather this week...  so cleaning out the tornado shelter and prepping all our important documents is on my to do list this week.  Boo.
  • labrolabro member

@hummingbird125 That's right! I forgot about the new dress! I can't wait to see pictures!! And yes, you're always a princess! ;)

@allusive007 You're so close! I know you'll be able to power through these final weeks!

• @allusive007 I was surprised she thought that too. I really have no idea why she'd assume something like that.

I hope you get some energy too, I can't believe how close you are! I think it's great you're not freaked out at all. Hopefully when you go into labor you can keep calm and be one of those women have an amazing calm birthing experience!

• Good morning ladies! I am soooo not ready for it to be Monday again! Fi and I had such an amazing weekend, his college roomies visited and we had our open house on Saturday. At one point there were 40 people in our 1-bedroom apartment! It was chaos. But it was a lovely time and we realized all the people who love us and care about us. We also got a ton of gifts which we were not expecting at all!

@GoldenPenguin - I hope your shower was a blast this weekend and all you girls who were there had a wonderful time!

@lavenderfields13 - Umm....that's awkward!! I definitely wouldn't want my FMIL (if I had one, she passed away 6 years ago) at my bachelorette party, even if it was for harmless fun. 

@southernpeach89 @Blue & White @Swazzle - I am OBSESSED with ST!! Last night we made her chicken philly cheesesteaks and they were amazing. My favorite ST recipe is smoky spiced rubbed salmon (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/04/smoky-spice-rubbed-grilled-salmon-with.html) and her loaded baked potato soup (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/02/baked-potato-soup.html). I have her cookbook and it's amazing! FI and I are making shrimp tonight so I might have to look into the bang bang shrimp, I've never made it but seen it many times. How long does it take to make the sauce?

@allusive007 - I'm jealous too, we don't have a garden or a grill (well we have some spider plants - and babies that need repotted - and a grill pan and GF grill, but those don't count). The downfall of urban life. It's also still very cold here. The wind chill this morning as I walked to work was 13 degrees!  Good luck in the last few weeks!!
  • Good morning all! My weekend was very relaxing. We had such fantastic weather here, it was so nice to get out and enjoy it. BF and I went on lots of walks, played mini-golf on Saturday, and just hung out in the yard enjoying the sun most of the weekend.

I'm not happy it's Monday at all. I'm supposed to have a training appointment tonight but I'm going to cancel. My trainer for some reason wants to meet with me every day this week because he's decided I don't go to the gym enough (I average 4 times a week) but he's being a condescending ass about it so he was saying shit about how he has to watch over my shoulder and make sure I go blah blah blah. Dude, the only reason I'm still doing these damn sessions is because I'm stuck in a contract. Anyway, I feel like he really pressured me into doing more sessions this week and this morning I just came to the realization that it was stupid of me to let him do that so I'm canceling all the extra appointments.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Allusive007 - I can't believe you are so close! 

• @bethsmiles you haven't had much luck with trainers, huh! That's super rude of him- being an ass is not a good way to motivate people.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards