Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

XP - Groom's reaction pics?

Cross-posted from the Ceremony Ideas board after realizing it may be more appropriate here.

Just curious if anyone's photographer was able to capture the groom's reaction to the bride...

FI has already said it's probably the one time I'll make him cry (awww) so I said I hoped someone got a picture... but the attention is usually turned to the bride. Our wedding is a ways off, so we have some time to come up with $$ for a 2nd photographer or to come up with something, but I'm just curious if anyone else thought to have someone capture the groom's reaction... and if so, care to share?

Re: XP - Groom's reaction pics?

• I work at a wedding reception center, so I get to see dozens of ceremonies.  I am ALWAYS watching the groom.  To see a man melt in front of lots of people is really captivating.  Our wedding isn't until end of June but we have a videographer to capture the look and we'll have words with our photographer :) 

PS let me re-iterate a videographer, if you don't already have one.  WORTH EVERY DIME.  Ours will have one set on the groom/ altar throughout the ceremony, plus a man-operated one.  You won't remember what happens that day, its best to do everything you can to remember. 
    I love you just the way you are, as long as we both shall live.
  • Thanks for the videographer rec... FI and I are highly considering one, but weren't sure if it would be in the budget. My aunt is paying for our photographer as a wedding gift to us, so as we get closer, we may decide to add the videographer (we can do so fairly easily through our chosen photographer).

I agree with you on the groom's reaction... it's what I typically try to watch for, too. I love it!

• EVERY wedding photog gets this shot.
    It's listed as FIRST LOOK on the list of required shots for the photographer, and all the photographers do it.
    So just make sure that it's on the standard list that your photog gives you to look over in the prelim meeting prior to the meeting where you sign the contract.
  • Yeah, our photog got the shot and it is priceless. She took one of me and then turned right around and took my H's reaction. It's one of my favorite pictures.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • If you are concerned about capturing his reaction I would get two photographers. 

• bellebride - I have to say I love your first look pictures! I can only hope that ours turn out as good.
  • Hi...not to barge in but, I just got married and it's really nice to have someone or even a couple friends or husbands of people in the wedding filming at least the ceremony.  You don't get to see any of it because you're the last one coming in.  Plus, the whole day goes by so so fast it seems like a blur...at least with a video you can go back and remember the moments.  Just a reccomendation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards