Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Tux prices for younger men?

Wondering if anyone has an idea if tuxes for preteens are typically cheaper than men's?  

Re: Tux prices for younger men?

• Options
    Depends on the tux shop.  I've visited 5 different shops in the last 2 weeks, 3 charged the same for a ringbearer as for a groomsman.  Mens Wearhouse, for example, quoted us $200/person for the tux my fiance wants.  And they'll charge that much for the ringbearer as well, because those suits require more cleaning, according to the saleswoman.  Bullshit.  $200 for a 4 year old's tux??  He'd have to swan dive into the cake to make the "cleaning fee" worth it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've seen them as the same price as an adult.  Might be better of looking at buying the kid a suit during upcoming Easter sales
  • Options
    I do call bullshit on $200 pp for a tux!  That's more than my girls are paying to BUY their dresses!  My brother is almost 13 but he's small so I don't want my mom paying $200 to rent a tux for him!
  • Options
    My fiance wants a grey tux, which costs more.  He's so high maintenance ;)  Actually, one of the shops we looked at sells grey suits for the same price it would run to rent the grey tux, so I told him he should ask his groomsmen if they'd be interested in that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Another vote for checking out the easter sales right now & seeing if you can find him a black suit & a cute bowtie/tie

• Options
    We went to American Commodore Tuxedo and there was no price difference between our parents suits/tuxs, my fiances groomsmen (most are around 25-26 ) to a ringbearer if they were (3-4) which ours is versus if they were younger or older. We chose a grey color as well.

The only advantage that we had was that I had a bunch of discounts from a bridal show and I chose to use most of my savings towards the groomsmen and ringbearer so their attire came out to around $115 in comparison to the dads which are around $176. The grey that we chose normally runs in the $200s as it just came out this past April.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am pretty sure in most places, they are the same price as adults.   You could always have the guys switch to suits and not tuxes, that way they can buy them for a similar price.  Especially if you can catch a buy one, get one sale.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards