Chit Chat

Any other gardeners out there?

2»

Re: Any other gardeners out there?

• madamerwinmadamerwin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    drunkenwitchtfmrserwinlevieenrose oh no, not fresh.  It camefrom a friend who is an avid gardener and keeps chickens so she knows how to treat the chicken poo so it is excellent fertilizer.Once our veggies start growing our post pictures.  We plan to have a few flowers here and there (need to attract those bees!) but mostly vegetables. 

----ETF BOXES----

@drunkenwitch I'm down in Portland, I haven't been to the Tilth Fair! We get most of our starts at the local nursery. I can spend way too much time and money there. I have a hard time choosing which varieties of tomatoes to get, so I get all of the tomatoes (well, at least 5 varieties). Same with peppers.

Since you're in the PNW too, I have more advice:

1. Find tayberries! They are like a giant hybrid of blackberries and raspberries, and they grow ridiculously well in northern WA. FI's uncle grows them out on the Olympic Peninsula, and damn are they good. Also, we grow thornless raspberries. Unlike blackberry plants, they are really easy to control.
    2. If you're growing anything leafy, keep a close eye out for whitefly (it will look like a white powder with tiny bugs on the underside of leaves). Usually they just go after squash plants, but in this region they seem to go for kale and broccoli too.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards