New Jersey

Westmount Country Club Renovations

Hi - I'm getting married at the Westmount CC in October and just saw the renovations to the continental room's ballroom.  Is it just me or does anyone else who has visited or booked there think it looks terrible?  I'm so disappointed with their decision to make the room look tacky by adding mirrors to the entire room and adding burnt orange/blue to the furniture in the cocktail lounge.  Totally takes away from the classic feel it once had.

Re: Westmount Country Club Renovations

• Wow! Thanks so much for the suggestions! This is very helpful! I've heard that the Westmount has great service I was just really disappointed to see that they covered their entire ballroom with mirrors. Not exactly my taste and it's frustrating to be spending so much money on a space that I'm not excited about. On the other hand it has great reviews so I'm torn. This is super helpful though. Thanks everyone!
  • We booked the WCC for April 2016... we actually looked at & booked the week they were doing the room renovation and have only seen pictures of the complete look (we are going back next month to see it set up fully).  I liked the decorated mirrors and I don't think its too overpowering since the room isn't overly tall or very open to start.  I think they complemented the small chandeliers and I like the lighter carpet as well.  I also have realized that since the room has "elaborate" décor and design tastes... I don't need to go overboard on centerpieces and decorating- aka I can save some $$ at the florist.  I guess it's all personal preference.

As for the cocktail room furniture- I have only see a few pictures & didn't think it was too overwhelming. 

When I go back in April I can give better input

• I recently saw the renovations and think they are so tacky!  Ugh!!! We're booked to have our wedding there this year and we're so upset.  We're spending so much money and the The Continental Cocktail-hour room is hideous, NOT WHAT WE SIGNED UP FOR!  The new chairs are a pinky-orange/blue which look awful, AND clash with other colors.  There was a large purple orchid arrangement in the room from a previous wedding, the purple flowers clashed with the color of the new
    chairs, now I can't use my color to accent the room.  The room was so classy before, now the new furniture colors take away from the room!! I wish I had a picture to show the ugly furniture color.

We also hate what they did with the mirrors in the ballroom, who thought stenciling pineapple doilies on them was a good idea?!
  • We just saw the room on Saturday and I like it... (we also booked while they were undergoing reno so I knew 100% what I was signing up for).  The wedding they were set up for had low flower centerpieces on the table with while/ivory linens and very minimal flowers in the cocktail room.  Honestly- I barely noticed the colors on the piping/sides of couches.  I don't plan on using color in any of my wedding décor- just white flowers and lots of candles so for me the changes don't really throw off my vision.  I'm letting the room (and view) speak for itself. However- if you booked when the room was not as ornate and decorated with the etchings and color on the couches... I could see how you're taken aback but like I said- we saw the room while they were replacing the mirrors and changing the tile/carpet
  • I saw the renovations and I feel so- so about them. I actually love the new ceiling in the ballroom- I think it really opens up the room and brightens it- I like it a lot more than what was there before. Like the above poster I didn't notice the piping on the couches. The main thing I'm upset about is the orange on the couches- WHY would they do that. That room was so classic and beautiful and the orange throws it off. I'm hoping with over 200 people in there, it wont be so noticeable. I'm also doing only white flowers/ décor, so hopefully it all works. What is everyone doing for centerpieces- low or high?
  • I just booked a month ago and have to say completely agree with the orange on the couches. The first time I looked at the venue, they were in the middle of renovations and Fred was nice enough to show me swatches for the new upholstery.I almost scoffed in disgust but somehow managed to control myself and politely asked why they would change perfection. I figured the same as you...it wont be as noticeable with all the people in the room. Also, I am going to ask my photographer to avoid it or edit the color lol. As for the ballroom, I was not displeased. The room looks so much bigger now. The new bar and changes to the walls give the room a more modern, cosmopolitan feel. I still booked...their professionalism and reputation outweighed the minor details. When you go for your tasting and to finalize everything, I would express how you feel...maybe they can throw in some extras to help you forget. Regardless, the last word that comes to mind for that place is tacky. Everything will be beautiful and your guests will be raving about the place. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards