Here's long story short:
- My fiance and I have lived together forever and we even own a house together.
- I'm a crazy shopaholic so our gift registry is pretty lackluster (I already buy things "upgraded" so I literally don't need ANYTHING that's under a grand)
- My mom's pestering me about my registry in regards to the shower, saying it's rude to NOT have a wide array of gifts at different price points etc. I get this. She says guests WANT to purchase a physical gift, at least for the shower.
- I really don't want people to WASTE money on things I don't need.
- My question is: Can I have a "Wedding Day" themed shower where the items on my registry are things specific to that day, or is that impertinent? (e.g. bridal earrings, something blue, garter, engraved cake cuter momentum, Polaroid camera, bridal hair piece, etc). My thoughts behind this: we're very Italian and I feel like my family would like to 'participate' and feel involved in the wedding by contributing to the day, but am I flirting with an etiquette no-no?