Wedding Woes

Do-over

HeffalumpHeffalump member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited March 2015 in Wedding Woes
I feel like I post this too often.  Disclaimer:  I'm not that much of a basket case, I just don't generally make a post for "everything is going fine today."  It's like either everything is okay, or I crash and burn, there is no in between.

There were a few minor bumps in the road this a.m., but at first nothing noteworthy:  DD went back to sleep after her alarm, I realized I forgot to turn the dishwasher on last night.  NBD.  Then we get to the bus stop, the bus is coming, I look at DD, and she doesn't have her backpack.  "Where is your backpack?" I ask her.  She looks over her shoulder, and shifts to full-on crisis mode.  The bus is pulling up to our stop, she's about to burst into tears, so like a dummy I say "Don't worry, I'll drop it off."  She gets on the bus smiling.

I go home and tell DH I have to leave right then to drop DD's backpack.  I figure 10 minutes there, 10 minutes back, and I'll be at roughly the normal starting point of my daily commute.  NBD.  Except it's not 10 there, 10 back--with school traffic it's more like 15 there, 20 back, plus waiting for the crossing guard to let me cross from the parking lot to the school.  For which I was yelled at ("STOP!!!"), because I thought if the cars were stopped to let kids out, I could cross, but it turns out that you have to wait for the crossing guard to tell you that you can cross.  Even if you're a grownup.  Oops.

Now I am leaving way later than I normally do, and traffic is exponentially worse.  I make it to work half an hour later than usual, which means I will have to leave later than I normally do, which means traffic will also be exponentially worse on the way to get the kids.

The cherry on top:  I skipped my makeup so I could get a head start on dropping off the backpack, on the theory that I could slap some on in my office when I got to work.  Guess who forgot her makeup?  I never go to work makeup-less, I feel like hiding out in my office all day.  :\

Nobody is injured, nothing is broken, Wooz has her backpack, and tomorrow is another day.

ETA:  I forgot the part where DH got in the shower, I went to kiss DS goodbye, and he stank to high heaven.  He was already changed and dressed, and the part of me that was rushing to get out the door wanted to tell DH to deal with it when he got out of the shower.  But I changed him.  Tick-tock, tick-tock.

Re: Do-over

• Ugh.  You need coffee and chocolate.

DefConn has been cursed with being a light sleeper, like me.  DH gets up at 4:15am and gets going.  DefConn has started getting up when DH does and coming into our room.  Sometimes, he'll lay down with me and wait until it's time to get up.  But more often, he'll start demanding food.  And then he gets pissed when I'm all, "No. It's not time to get up." because it's 5am and we don't get up until 6:30am. Then he gets pissed (and this morning, he got pretty kicky).  DH ended up putting him back in his bed.  He screamed for 5 min or so and then I found him crashed out at wake-up time.  We had a chat in the car this morning.  Not likely he'll remember, but you know...it was something.

Between DefConn's early wake-ups and the kiddo being 14 and his mixed bag of crazy teenage hormones/attitude, they're going to be the end of me.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    You're much nicer than I am. M2 did that and I said tough noogies. We're at a play place today and hopefully it's not too crazy. Some schools are on break and it's raining so high potential for older kids. At least it's only $2
  • 6fsn said:

You're much nicer than I am. M2 did that and I said tough noogies. We're at a play place today and hopefully it's not too crazy. Some schools are on break and it's raining so high potential for older kids. At least it's only $2

If I had been smart, that's what I would have done.  My mother always used to tell me to think before I spoke, and I still haven't learned my lesson.
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Heff---you need a giant cup of awesome coffee.  That usually helps for a little while anyway.

I'm in the throes of another "WTF am I doing here!?!?" kind of day.  Where I sit here...and get paid, but don't really do much.  Because you know---boss doesn't want to make tough decisions.  *taps fingers*
  • Y'all, I was just in the restroom.  I know the fluorescent lighting in there is harsh, but yikes, my skin tone is crazy-uneven without foundation. 
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Fluorescent lighting does NOONE favors.  Natural is the way to go.  Just hold it alllll day.
  • Heffalump said:

The cherry on top:  I skipped my makeup so I could get a head start on dropping off the backpack, on the theory that I could slap some on in my office when I got to work.  Guess who forgot her makeup?  I never go to work makeup-less, I feel like hiding out in my office all day.  :\

Heffalump said:

SITB ... TWINS! 
    I skipped the makeup because it was super hectic getting out of the house today, and forgot to grab my bag on the way out of the house. I was contemplating stopping at the drugstore on the way to the office (even if it was just powder and mascara), because i never go to work without makeup, but I figured I'd end up being even later. 

I also realized that my clothes were probably a little more casual than normal (I've been running through skirts and dresses with this boot, and moved on to khaki capris today), and I had a meeting with my senior Director level mentor. Typically i keep a blazer in my car, just in case - but the one in there was bright blue and would have looked awful with the rest of my outfit. 

Luckily mentor rescheduled, so I can hide out at my desk for most of the day, and only need to look like crap for my 2 afternoon meetings. 

• ftrMrs0 said:

Heff---you need a giant cup of awesome coffee.  That usually helps for a little while anyway.

I was on the fence about squeezing in a pedi at lunch, but after this morning, I'm going for it.  I like your coffee idea:  I'll get myself something good on the way, and enjoy it while they whip my feet into shape.
    *Barbie* said:

Heffalump said:

SITB ... TWINS! 
    I skipped the makeup because it was super hectic getting out of the house today, and forgot to grab my bag on the way out of the house. I was contemplating stopping at the drugstore on the way to the office (even if it was just powder and mascara), because i never go to work without makeup, but I figured I'd end up being even later.

I seriously considered running home at lunch to get all my stuff, or barring that, your drugstore idea.  Now it's like "Meh, I've made it this far, I'm getting the pedi."
  • I've had to remind myself after an hour this morning of running around trying to fix someone else's problem with various solutions that....*breathe* This isn't my problem.  I'm not going to fix the problem.  I'm willing to do X and Y, and keep my original plan Z, all of which fall into my time and money budgets.  It's okay to say No to doing it all.  *breathe*

And I can't seem to get enough sleep right now.  IDK what that's about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards