Not Engaged Yet
Options

HUMP DAY

Hey people!!

I thought it was Thursday ALL MORNING. I am disappointed.

FI and I spent a couple of hours assembling our invitations last night. We'll finish up tonight or tomorrow night and they'll be in the mail by Friday! I am SO excited and I will AW them here after I send them out :-)

How's everyone doing?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: HUMP DAY

• Options
    @Hummingbird125 YAY I can't wait to see them! So exciting!

Yesterday I was pretty useless after work. I sat around looking at quilting fabric and then watched Friends while doing a puzzle. I roll hard like that.

The weather is supposed to be really bad today, so I'm glad I'm working from home. I'll probably be a hermit in my pajamas all day and get some housework done. FI is still feeling crummy, but he doesn't have a fever or anything like that. Hopefully he starts to feel better soon. I think I'll make him chicken pot pie tonight to try and cheer him up.

Is it Friday yet?

• Options
    Good morning! 

H and I both felt like it was Wednesday all day yesterday, and when I woke up I thought it was Thursday, too!

Can't wait to see your invitations, @Hummingbird125!

I am sleepy again today, but not as bad as yesterday.  Why is it not Friday yet???
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm here wishing it was Thursday too! I have wedding brain and am so distracted at work thinking of wedding things.

Today during lunch I'm going to the post office to weigh one of our invites. FI took one to our local PO yesterday and they told him "1 stamp should be fine, 2 at the most". Umm that's not really a definite answer- I don't want to pay double if they only need 1 but I don't want to put 1 on and have them all returned! So I'm going to a different PO just to be sure.
    Depending on how much time I have I might try to get some items so I can do this for FI's bday next week. I also want to find a place to make dinner reservations for his bday, see if his friends want to go and surprise him. I have no good gifts, I was just going to get some gift cards to put on the back of some of the cardstock with the pics and tell him I'll pay for his phone upgrade lol.

After work I need to work out. I keep getting really down on myself about not being in the shape I want to be for the wedding. I have a couple months but I just don't feel like I'm going to look how I want to and I don't want to look back at pictures and be disappointed :(

• Options
    @hummingbird125 I can't wait to see the invites too! I'm so excited to send mine out in a few weeks!

• Options
    @eilis12228 - We both are in a Friday kind of mood, I think!  I wish I was working from home today.  We're supposed to get winds and big hail (golf-ball sized?) but the tornado chance is pretty low, so that's good at least.  I started some of my planting yesterday (onions, shallots, peas, lettuce).  I hope the rain doesn't wash away all my seeds!
  • Options
    Good lord. It's 920 and I just realized I haven't had coffee yet.

• Options
    Good morning ladies!

I'm just trying to make it through the day.  I got home from work yesterday and was so tired, I ended up taking care of all the animals and falling asleep until H got home.  We made grilled cheese and I fell asleep again.  Today I'm still in a fog (and tired).

I'm hoping to watch PLL when I get home today (or at lunch if I can get the silly app to work on my phone).

Anniversary
  • Options
    @lavenderfields13 - Omg that's an adorable idea!

• Options
    @hummingbird125 Yay for almost sending out your invites!!!

@eilis1228 I want some chicken pot pie!!

@swazzle I'm so jealous your weekend starts after work today! Have fun this extra long weekend in the Hamptons!

@Twodimes -Good luck with choosing your menu options. You will have to let us know what you pick!

I'm super pissed at myself this morning. I lost my car keys and I seriously cannot find them anywhere. They have to be at the house since I didn't go anywhere after I got home from CrossFit last night. They may be locked in my car but I couldn't see them in there this morning so I'll have to check again when I get home.

So DH will be chauffeuring me around until I find them. Besides that I'm tired today and I'm wishing it was tomorrow so it could be my Friday.
  • Options
    @Eilis1228 - Jealous you're working from home! Enjoy it.

@LavenderFields13 - Uh...you need to go to a different post office. That is NOT an answer. I did it yesterday and they weighed my invitation and told me I needed 70 cents of postage, and then I purchased 70 cent stamps. Either go to a different post office, or ask to speak with someone who can be more helpful. I'm annoyed for you.

@CocoBellaF - I'm jealous of your garden! I may need to do some big planters in my backyard this year....

@TwoDimes - Please post whatever you decide for your menu! I love reading peoples' wedding menus!

@LaBro - I REALLY hope I get to meet you this summer. That would be awesomesauce.

@Swazzle - You have no idea how happy I am that you can make it out this Sunday! I can't wait for you and @buddysmom80 @cousa1 and @goldenpenguin to meet my family and friends! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @eilis1228 - can you send some chicken pot pie my way? i dont feel like cooking and that sounds amazing

@lavenderfields13 - im sure you will look positively stunning on your wedding day, no matter what! and dont beat yourself up too much for not working out....this winter has been killer for us and personally it makes me want to hibernate on the couch. now that its sunnier and the snowbanks are *finally* melting, im more encouraged to be active. and if you want something that will tone you up really fast really quickly, look into barrys bootcamp. there is one in downtown boston and holy crap it is HARD....but effective! http://www.barrysbootcamp.com/

@swazzle - very jealous that its your friday. at my old job i always "worked from home" 1 day a week, so i was really only working 4 day weeks. at my new job i will be doing 5 day weeks and i feel like it will be a tough adjustment

@dignity100 - grilled cheese....yummmmmm....

@southernpeach89 - hopefully you find your keys quickly/easily. i somehow lost a pair of dress pants in my apartment. i am 100% sure they are in my apartment because the last time i wore them was to an interview and i think i would remember leaving an interview without pants. im not sure how i lost a pair of pants in my 400 sq ft apartment, but i did. UGH.

its finally above freezing here in boston! YAY! ive had a tough time making friends since moving here a year ago but tonight i have a friend date with a girl i met online (is that weird?). im excited!
  • Options
    @swazzle I wish I had childhood pics I could add like that girl did. It will have to be pics of just the 2 of us since I just found the idea, his bday is next week, I have no childhood pics and I cannot count on his mom to get me any in a reasonable time period. I asked her 1.5 years ago for some family pictures that we can add to our living room since I have all my family up there. She STILL has yet to give me any.
    I thinks it's really cute and would love to come home and see all those balloons. Oh and I'm going to make him cupcakes too!

• Options
    @Hummingbird125 - Yay for invites!! I can't wait to see pictures!

@Swazzle - Lucky you! Enjoy YOUR Friday! Have fun with the massages, do you know what kind you guys are getting? FI and I had hot stone massages on our cruise this fall, and OMG it was heaven. I highly recommend them. Especially because I'm very ticklish so I was worried about being uncomfortable, but the stones were great. The only thing that was annoying was when she worked on my feet, then I was all squirmy and giggling. 

@labro - FI and I were going to go to Montreal over Valentine's Day, but a combination of lack of money (FI had just paid off the ring), and the fact that it was -5 F in Montreal and terrible snow throughout the NE (and we were going to be driving) that weekend convinced us that we would be better off going in the warmer weather. You MUST get poutine!!

@caseface5 - Yay for more money!!!

------------------------------------------

We scheduled our first venue tour for this weekend!! So far we have one scheduled and two more that we are hoping to hear back from. I'm pretty stoked. I contacted our front-runner venue that never responded, turns out they never got the inquiry from the web form so when I emailed them directly they were very apologetic and got me the information immediately. It's our first tailored to us estimate and if we do March 2016 it's totally within our budget, and we could even pull of April if there aren't many hidden fees!! And it's an AI venue so that's a relief. We just need to look into cake cutting fees and corkage fees. The corkage fees are what worry me because I know our guests and there will be A LOT of booze consumed. 
  • Options
    Morning everyone!

I don't have much on my plate today... going to meet up with that lady I'm house sitting for at some point. The program I access my classes through online is under maintenance for the day so I'm off the hook for school. I would LOVE to go test drive some cars but don't have anyone to take me today so that's a bummer. I might take a train somewhere later but I don't know how much I want to commute yet lol/

BF and I have settled our differences on the car thing. I still think he should be more outwardly excited for me, but he insists he is and he vaguely agreed to help me lol. I do think I'm gonna wind up doing this all by myself because I cannot stand his lack of enthusiasm sometimes. He does this thing where he doesn't express any kind of opinion or emotion when I am deciding to do something. It's very frustrating. I get that he has good intentions, he doesn't want to interfere or influence me to do something I might not want, but he should know by now that I always do whatever I want anyway :P
  • Options
    @Hummingbird125 Right?? I was like that is NOT an answer. Hopefully the PO I go to today gives me a legit answer. I also hope it really is light enough for 1 Forever stamp! Fingers crossed.

@jenjen047 Thanks. This winter has definitely not given me any motivation. All of a sudden I was like crap, my wedding is in 3 months I need to tone up. Thanks for the bootcamp idea but I prefer not having to leave my house to work out. haha. I like privacy. I will walk outside and I can't wait until it's warm enough to start doing that again! But for the most part I do videos in my house. 

• Options
    @nycgal85 - yay for venues! what sorts of spaces are you looking at?

forgot to mention....i need a yummy crock pot recipe for tomorrow night. any suggestions that are reasonably healthy??
  • Options
    @nycgal85 FI and I have had a few couples massages- he always has to start off telling them to NOT touch his feet haha. He hates feet and freaks out if you touch his feet. He even gets annoyed when I put my feet on him even though I think I have the cutest feet :)

Good luck at the venue tour! Are you touring the front runner? That same thing happened to me kind of..I send an inquiry to a venue using their inquiry page on their site. Never heard anything back.It was not my front runner but we weren't liking other places so I decided to call the coordinator directly- she never receievd the inquiry as I guess they had issues with their site. She was so nice and got back to me immediately and we ended up going with that venue!

• Options
    The chicken pot pie is so easy to make, and it's one of FI's favorites. We normally just put a can of cream of chicken, some mixed veggies (potatoes, peas, carrots), and bits of chicken and spices in a bowl, mix it up, and then pour into a pie crust. Cover with another pie crust and cook at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes or until golden. Om nom nom.  FI worked late last night, had to go to work earlier than normal today, and he will likely have to work through lunch, all while feeling crappy. I figured it's the least I can do to try and cheer him up.

@CocoBellaF The weathermen keep going back and forth on what we should expect here. All they've said is "severe storms," but who knows what that will entail. It's supposed to be really windy today, but I don't think tornadoes are likely here either. Fingers crossed we both luck out! 

@lavenderfields13 I have wedding brain right now too. It sucks. I'm glad you have a plan in place for your FI's 30th! That idea is really cute and sweet.

@Swazzle Have so much fun this weekend! I feel like you frequently have amazing weekend plans. I'm just going to live vicariously through you from now on. 

@TwoDimes Ooooh what are you thinking so far for your menu?

@southernpeach89 I hope your keys turn up soon :( Did you check the mail before you came in? Could they possibly be in the mailbox?

@labro Your butt better come to Texas for a GTG soon! :-P

@caseface5 Yay for refinancing!

@jenjen047 Seeing as how a lot of people met on here and became friends in real life, I don't think you're going to get any judgment from us. :-P

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    jenjen047 said:

@nycgal85 - yay for venues! what sorts of spaces are you looking at?

forgot to mention....i need a yummy crock pot recipe for tomorrow night. any suggestions that are reasonably healthy??

I always do chili in the crock pot. If you swap out the ground beef for turkey or another lighter protein it's actually fairly healthy. You could even do an all-vegetarian chili.

I also really like this:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-chicken-marrakesh/

And this one:

http://paleogrubs.com/slow-cooker-chicken-enchilada-soup-recipe?pp=1

• Options

@jenjen047 - I've never been able to WFH :(  Meeting friends online is not weird at all! I met all but one of my best friends right here!

@lavenderfields13 - I think I'm totally stealing that for my H's birthday this year! My MIL would be the same way. I'm sure I'll end up just using pics I have since we've been together.

@nycgal85 - Just a regular Swedish. I always have them do extra on my back/neck/shoulders (I think I have a pinched nerve in my neck right now and it's killing me) and my feet (that's my favorite part!). I could live without my arms being rubbed and my legs are really sensitive/tender (even light pressure hurts). Are you getting married in Manhattan?

• Options
    @labro I will come visit to meet you and any other East coast ladies in July!

caseface5 That's an awesome amount to be saving!

southernpeach89 Blame it on pregnancy brain. Do you have a spare key? I keep mine in my wallet because I used to lock my keys in the car all the time. 

TwoDimes you should see if they'll give you food again, just to refresh your memory.

Swazzle Have fun in the Hamptons, wine tasting, and then @hummingbird125's shower!

@hummingbird125 Hope you have a great shower! Don't forget to share pictures and your favorite gift!  Also, yay for invitations!

lavenderfields13 I think that is a really sweet gift idea! 

So I figured out what I'm doing for my boyfriend's birthday, now May just needs to get her because I'm so excited.   I was able to get front row seats for DMB.  The show isn't until a month after his birthday, so I also got a guitar pick with the lyrics "celebrate we will for life is short but sweet for certain" engraved on it.  I'm going to print out a map of the venue, highlight our seats and give him the map and guitar pick on his birthday.  Then we'll spend the rest of his birthday golfing. 

Oh update on my mom: since the cardiologist never found an issue back in November, she's been getting tests done by a pulmonologist. They also could not find an issue, but when they did a CT scan they noticed her gall bladder was inflamed.  Turns out she needs her gall bladder removed, but that has nothing to do with the breathing/chest pain issues she's been having.  She had a second opinion with another cardiologist today and they said she has small vessel disease, which is completely treatable.  So we finally have an answer, and hopefully soon she'll start feeling better. 

• Options
    nycgal85nycgal85 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    @jenjen047 @Swazzle - Most of the venues we are looking at are AI in either NYC or the Hudson Valley. These are the ones we are hoping to tour this weekend:

http://www.pelhamsplitrock.com/weddings - our current front-runner that we are definitely touring
    http://dutchessmanor.com/ - our original front-runner that didn't get our inquiry, it's now back on the list
    http://www.castlemorningside.com/ - my favorite (who wouldn't want to get married in a f*cking castle?!?!) but will probably end up being way more expensive since the catering is separate and there's a $5000 site fee plus a $1000 ceremony fee

Also, I just created a thread for you on recipes.... :)

@TwoDimes - I love that recipe for santa fe chicken!
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @speakeasy14 I'm glad your mom has found some solutions to her health problems. Hopefully everything goes well! Your birthday present to your BF sounds awesome!

• Options
    @speakeasy14 that's a cool idea for your BF, love the engraved pick. I wish there were shows around FI's birthday he liked so I could have got him tix since that would have been easy and something he enjoyed!
    I hope your mom can start feeling better soon! I would be so stressed if my mom was going through something like that.

• Options
    @eilis1228 I checked the mail prior to going to the gym so it wouldn't be in there....I'm scared someone saw them on the ground and may have picked them up?

@speakeasy14 -I do have  a spare key but it wasn't working this morning : ( I feel like they may have given me the wrong key at the dealership. 
  • Options

@speakeasy14 -  Those are awesome ideas for your BF's birthday! I hope your mom feels better ASAP.

@nycgal85 - That castle is ridiculously gorgeous. I absolutely love the first one!

• Options
    edited March 2015
    @nycgal85 - I loooove the castle! Fingers crossed it is surprisingly less expensive than you anticipate? FI and I looked at a bunch of venues in the Hudson Valley, and I may even have a google doc with notes on them someplace.... if I find it, I'll PM you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards