Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Something Borrowed

What did you all use as your something borrowed?  I have the something new, something old, and something blue, but I'm having a hard time coming up with what I could do for something borrowed.

Re: Something Borrowed

• Options
    I wore my mom's veil from her wedding. 
  • Options
    I borrowed my Mom's tennis bracelet.

• Options
    I borrowed one of my mom's rings (it was also blue).
  • Options
    I wanted to wear my mom's original wedding set, but it's too big for me. I have no living grandparents, and I'm not close to any of my aunts where I would feel comfortable borrowing something from them.
  • Options
    My FI's mother is loaning me the pearl set that her mother (FI grandmother) wore on her wedding day. Covers my old and borrowed!!
  • Options
    vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I didn't have any evening bags/clutches to use so I borrowed one from a friend.   
  • Options
    I borrowed the hairpiece my friend (and BM) wore in her wedding.

• Options
    My mom is letting me wear her great-grandmother's opal ring. She offered to get it sized for me just for my wedding day, so I tried it on, and it fit perfect! 
  • Options

I wanted to wear my mom's original wedding set, but it's too big for me. I have no living grandparents, and I'm not close to any of my aunts where I would feel comfortable borrowing something from them.

Couldn't you securely fasten your mom's wedding set onto your dress somewhere?

My borrowed items were a set of antique pins from my great grandmother and my BFFs veil.

• Options

Couldn't you securely fasten your mom's wedding set onto your dress somewhere?

My borrowed items were a set of antique pins from my great grandmother and my BFFs veil.

That's a good idea.  My mom also has some antique pins/brooches that she has collected over the years, so that may work.  Thank You!
  • Options
    I wore my mom's necklace that my dad gave her as a gift before they were even married 35 years ago. It's a very, very, very thin chain with one pearl since that's what he could afford being in college. I love small, simple jewelry so it was just the style I wanted! 

• Options
    I'm renting this clutch from rent the runway. Totally counts right? If not on my bouquet will be the cross pendant my Mom wore at her wedding.
  • Options
    I was just thinking about this yesterday. I have no idea what to borrow either! I will be checking here to see what ideas others share. 
    I need to talk to my mom about jewelry and see if I can borrow something
  • Options
    My mom had a chip that my dad won at their wedding (they got married in Vegas) and I put it in my shoe like a pence.
  • Options
    I wrapped one of my dad's handkerchiefs around my bouquet.  You could definitely pin a brooch to your bouquet if you don't want to put a pin on your dress.
  • Options
    I wore my mom's pearl necklace and earrings my dad got her several years back.  Made for a good classic look.
  • Options
    My best friend is loaning me her sapphire ring her parents got her back in high school.  So relatively old (over 20 years), borrowed, and blue.  I'm just not sure which finger I'll wear it on since I'll have my e-ring on my right hand until after the ceremony and I"m not sure it'll fit any of my fingers other than my ring ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards