Chit Chat
Options

Worst Wedding Nightmare...

I've had a bunch of wedding "nightmares", but I had a real doozy last night!

It was 6:10 on our wedding day (ceremony starts at 6:30), and I was in the bridal suite (in my dream I had a huge bridal suite) with half the bridal party. The rest of the bridal party was waiting right outside the suite, waiting for our entrance. Our venue coordinator comes by and he's acting like a "hype" man, getting everyone excited. So then he asks the DJ to introduce himself to us and he's like "And nowwwww, we have DJ..!!!!" And I heard the DJ mumble something (he was outside the suite). The coordinator tried again, and the DJ mumbled "I think I dropped my kidney." I was like WTF?? What did he say?? So I ran outside, and I see everyone crowded around him, and he looks REALLY bad, like really sick.

All of a sudden he starts kinda gagging, and the venue coordinator runs to get a napkin, and the DJ gets sick all over the place! So at this point I start freaking out I'm telling my bridesmaid "Oh my god, I only have 9 songs in my ipod! How the hell did he drop his kidney on the way to the wedding?? I feel so bad freaking out I don't know what to do!!! Now the wedding will start late because this has to be cleaned up!!!"

I then woke up. I think staying up till 1 AM this week working on invitations has taken its toll on me lol. 
                             Anniversary
imageimageimage

Re: Worst Wedding Nightmare...

• Options
    edited March 2015
     I have a recurring wedding dream that, for whatever reason, FI and I are forced to get married by our friends and family right then and there, wearing whatever nice dress/interesting article of clothing someone has on hand. Some of the iterations of this dream: getting married at the plantation where my cousin got married in my friend's blue prom dress, getting married at a barbecue restaurant in my grandmother's vintage polka dot overalls, getting married at my high school in this hoodie I used to like to wear in high school . . . it's like my subconscious is playing M.A.S.H.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    Can I use that excuse for leaving work? Sorry, dropped my kidney on the way to work, better go back and get it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

I have a recurring wedding dream that, for whatever reason, FI and I are forced to get married by our friends and family right then and there, wearing whatever nice dress/interesting article of clothing someone has on hand. Some of the iterations of this dream: getting married at the plantation where my cousin got married in my friend's blue prom dress, getting married at a barbecue restaurant in my grandmother's vintage polka dot overalls, getting married at my high school in this hoodie I used to like to wear in high school . . . it's like my subconscious is playing M.A.S.H.

OMG that actually sounds kinda awesome lol. But maybe not to get married in!

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    My FI's favorite April Fool's Day joke is to tell random passers-by, "Hey, you dropped your pocket!" and watch them look back. So maybe one week from now, I'll be telling people they dropped their kidney.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    LMAO, the whole "dropping a kidney" is pretty funny... I actually think I will use that line from now on. Maybe that will get me out of some boring meetings lol
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    That is an amazing dream.

My worst one so far definitely has to be the "Shit, I'm pregnant. BUT MAH BEAUTIFUL TIGHT DRESS!"
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options

pinkcow13 said:

How the hell did he drop his kidney on the way to the wedding??

That is hilarious! At least in your dream you knew how much that didn't make sense!

I've had a couple lately, and had a bad one a couple weeks ago where just about everything was wrong. We were getting married in this really old ugly church and had to have our reception in the basement (like there-was-no-other-choice-on-earth forced to), hair and makeup showed up for my BMs but not me so I had dirty hair in this horrible ratty bun that was falling down, my BMs were sitting at the back of the church and then just all walked out halfway through the ceremony, our photographer didn't show up, and there was another wedding right after ours so we were rushed out of the church basement (I don't think our reception actually happened) as the other bride gave me serious cut eye.

I really don't know where it all came from!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    The kidney thing is hilarious.
     I had a few nightmares before I was even engaged that it was the wedding day and I had no dress. I had this dream so many times that when I did get engaged I made sure to go dress shopping a year before the wedding so I'd have plenty of time to find something so my nightmare wouldn't come true.
    If I've had any wedding nightmares lately I can't remember them. This wedding is consuming my brain lately though so I probably have had some.

• Options
    He dropped his kidney? Didn't he know it was your special day?!?!

Anniversary

• Options

He dropped his kidney? Didn't he know it was your special day?!?!

Seriously!!! Obviously, if that happened in real life I would get a do-over ;)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    I had a couple.

In one, it was the day of the wedding, and I went to the church and this girl who was NOT invited (old acquaintance from high school who I hung out with in groups because we had some of the same friends, but I never really liked her for various reasons and haven't even spoken since high school - we're not even FB friends) was in the church eating the cupcakes!  She had eaten them all!  All the cupcakes for our entire wedding!  (This girl has always been very overweight - borderline obese).  And she was just about ready to start in on the cake!  I said no, she couldn't have the cake, and she said she wanted it.  I said no and I grabbed the cake and ran outside the church. She followed me and the cake out and then I turned around, ran back inside the church and locked her out!

In the other dream, we were holding our wedding at a hotel in Florida.  We realized the day before that we hadn't sent invitations so my entire family was calling friends and family and saying, "Hey, you want to come to our wedding? It's, umm, tomorrow."  And then I somehow stained my dress and there were various other problems.  

Oh, and I can't remember if it was a separate dream or the same one, but H was just meh about marrying me.  He was just kind of, "Sure, yea, ok, whatever."
  • Options
    Guys I am still laughing about this dropped kidney hahahaha
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I dreamed I had my real wedding at a gas station/KFC and that the original wedding we'd planned was in a month.

As everyone was leaving, I was trying to buy a pair of $75 earrings from the little spinny rack on the counter and my debit card kept falling apart. It was unpleasant.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    beethery said:

I dreamed I had my real wedding at a gas station/KFC and that the original wedding we'd planned was in a month.

As everyone was leaving, I was trying to buy a pair of $75 earrings from the little spinny rack on the counter and my debit card kept falling apart. It was unpleasant.
    Haha, that is so random. Although a wedding at a KFC would be pretty awesome. I LOVE their biscuits.

hellosweetie1015 I told FI my dream after work, and he cracked up at the kidney part of it lol!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    OMG I thought I had some weird dreams. HAHAHAHA. If there's ever a legit way to figure out what a dream means I really wanna hear about it. 

My first was a dream that my dress came in and the hem was stupid short. It's floor length with a smallish train but in my dream it awkardly stopped at my shins and I was trying to figure out a way to make it work. I definitely couldn't still get away with wearing cowboy boots. 

Then I had many others where I woke up and realized it's the day of the wedding and it really snuck up on me and I try to avoid telling DH that I never actually got around to sending invitations and I prayed people would still actually show up. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards