Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

post-wedding checklst

does anyone know of or have a post-wedding checklist of all the things to change/do (bank accounts, making a will, etc.)?  I have a list my husband and I made already but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.  Thanks!

Re: post-wedding checklst

• This is what my list would look like --

* Make changes to life insurance (done)
    * Make changes to health care benefits (done)
    * Make changes to retirement accounts (done)
    * Make a will and medical directives (pending)

We live in a community property state, so I still need to find out what we need to do regarding the townhouse (he owns) and condo (I own).

• Change your DL and passport. If you do the passport and you are within the first year, it is free. I am not sure if it is for only for those that just got a passport before the HM or if this still applies if you had already had one. I would check the website to be sure.
  • I don't have a list, but here are the things I have done or plan to do.

Go to Social Security and get a new card.
    Change name on driver's license.
    Figure out insurance (medical, dental, auto, renters).
    Change name on credit cards.
    Figure out bank accounts.

Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_post-wedding-checklst?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:45bdae78-d6e5-4859-80dc-8dbb7c02bcfdPost:4bdee802-ec6a-451f-a168-275d2d62bb36">Re: post-wedding checklst</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have a list, but here are the things I have done or plan to do. Go to Social Security and get a new card. Change name on driver's license. Figure out insurance (medical, dental, auto, renters). Change name on credit cards. Figure out bank accounts.
    Posted by benmel31[/QUOTE]
    This and in this order!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • ·  U.S. Post Office

·  Employer

·  401k / Retirement plans

·  Credit card companies

·  Bank accounts / names on checkbook

·  Mortgage

·  Voter registration

·  Doctor, dentist, HMO, medical records, heath-care proxy

·  Health, life, auto, and home insurance policies

·  Clubs

·  Memberships

·  Discount, courtesy, and frequent-flyer cards

·  Utility companies (phone, cable, gas, electric, etc.)

·  Legal Contracts

·  Will (you may want to change the beneficiary to your spouse at the same time)

• My mom has a fat wedding album in her living room that's extremely heavy -- instead of an album, I decided to try and use a company to design and print my wedding photos into a hardbound, dust-sleeved book that's printed on thick paper.  The final product came out BEAUTIFULLY.  I cannot recommended more this company and their photobooks!One of their website samples is here:  http://photo-ops.com/weddingbook/wedding.html E-mail them at hello@photo-ops.com.  They have the sweetest people working there, and I cannot be happier with them!!!!  I ordered more copies for my parents and close friends/family! ~J 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards