Chit Chat
Options

Work Vent.. Please Join Me

2»

Re: Work Vent.. Please Join Me

• Options

Today I "came to work" (I work from home) a few hours late, and my computer which was working fine yesterday wouldn't boot up.  I struggled with it for a few minutes and I finally called my IT help desk.

So he had me turn over the computer and wanted me to lift a flap or something on the side... and I'm like I don't see any flap!  I only see a hole!!

My hard drive fell out in my bag while I was on the road yesterday!

I had to ask if this was the dumbest question he had ever heard!! "My laptop won't start up!" "Have you verified that your hard drive is still attached?"

He said no, but I don't believe it.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    luckya23 said:

Today I "came to work" (I work from home) a few hours late, and my computer which was working fine yesterday wouldn't boot up.  I struggled with it for a few minutes and I finally called my IT help desk.

So he had me turn over the computer and wanted me to lift a flap or something on the side... and I'm like I don't see any flap!  I only see a hole!!

My hard drive fell out in my bag while I was on the road yesterday!

I had to ask if this was the dumbest question he had ever heard!! "My laptop won't start up!" "Have you verified that your hard drive is still attached?"

He said no, but I don't believe it.

I'm pretty sure my stomach would have fallen out of my ass if my hard drive was missing! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Me too, especially when I found it in my bag attached to my XM radio antenna magnet!!

I did back up a couple weeks ago, but still...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I'm so glad I don't work in an office. People do super strange things at their desks, apparently. 

Not about work but on Tuesday I had clinical and my patient was a guy that recently lost his leg to diabetes.  He had a really good attitude about it. His roommate had just had his feet amputated and I assumed it was for similar reasons. They changed his bandages, which was interesting to see. They were really fresh.

Turns out he lost them to frostbite. Because his house isn't heated. WHAT. I know it gets cold here, but still. I wouldn't have guessed that was possible if you weren't in the elements and you were bundled up.

So I was sad about that all day.

@katiekessler123 I'm gunning to be a school nurse someday so you can send all the pukers to me haha. 
  • Options
    my other places i worked at were even crazier...... some pooped on the floor of the bathroom (yup)

we found a lady sleeping in a bush after a adult only party

a guy humping a traffic cone at said adult only party. oh there is so many of them
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards