Chit Chat
Options

I'm so bored!!!!!

I'm stuck in this stupid hotel. My co-worker went to bed forever ago, h is out with his brother so I don't want to call him while he is out, and the only thing on tv is the UK game, which would usually entertain me but it is a boring game. I can't sleep and I aleady drank all my wine (not as bad as it sounds, it was a teenie tiny bottle). Yes I know I'm whining but I don't care.

Re: I'm so bored!!!!!

• Options
    I also already drank all my wine...I'm stuck at home with a sleeping baby while H is off at his game night. He's socializing. With people. No fair.
  • Options
    I'm bored too.    DH is at work.     I should get a glass of wine.  But I'm too lazy.

We leave on vacation for 8 days on Tuesday.  I have to admit I have short-timers as far as work goes.  Only 3 more work days.  Sigh.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    I finished happy hour with my manager so now I'm doing laundry, watching Criminal Minds and drinking Makers Mark.  I am about to go play some Oregon Trail.  Yeah, I am out of control ya'all!!!!

• Options
    Playing Persona 4 with H. 

But he's fishing. and that is kinda boring since I'm watching.

Anniversary
  • Options
    jdluvr06 who is that adorable face in your avatar?  I am kitten obsessed right now big time.

• Options
    @drunkenwitch that is my kitty Callie. She is a sweetie. Some assface abandoned her and we found her wandering the street. We took her in with the intention to find her a new home. We did. Ours. Lol. Here a better pic of her
  • Options
    How could anyone abandon that sweet face!!!!  She is beautiful.  Gah, I have to wait until late summer when I move in with BF to get a kitty, I am going nuts.

• Options
    Here is my sweet girl, I had to say goodbye to her two years ago.  

• Options

How could anyone abandon that sweet face!!!!  She is beautiful.  Gah, I have to wait until late summer when I move in with BF to get a kitty, I am going nuts.

I love having my kitties. I have two more but I don't thnk I have any pics of them on my iPad. I don't know how anyone could abandon her. When we first brought her in she was realy skittish and she was walking with a limp. So we took her to the vet and she has early on set arthritis in one of her back legs and knee cap that had been displaced and healed improperly. The vet thinks she was probably abused.
  • Options
    AWww..... She was such a cutie.
  • Options
    jdluvr06 said:

I love having my kitties. I have two more but I don't thnk I have any pics of them on my iPad. I don't know how anyone could abandon her. When we first brought her in she was realy skittish and she was walking with a limp. So we took her to the vet and she has early on set arthritis in one of her back legs and knee cap that had been displaced and healed improperly. The vet thinks she was probably abused.
    Stories like that make me rage then I take a deep breath and I think about how that beautiful creature found a good life and ahhpy home.  She was obviously meant to be with you.

• Options
    I'm drinking wine and watching the original "I Spit on your Grave." Also, brownies.

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm watching HP7.1 with FI (...or maybe not technically with, as he's sleeping). Watching them with a person who hasn't read the books has reallllllllllly opened my eyes to how many plot holes the movies have versus how very few of them are holes in the actual books. Like, I don't think there's been a single movie plot hole that Fi's asked me about that I couldn't explain based on my own understanding of canon, or find in my books within a few seconds (so long as I don't get distracted reading haha).
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

I'm watching HP7.1 with FI (...or maybe not technically with, as he's sleeping). Watching them with a person who hasn't read the books has reallllllllllly opened my eyes to how many plot holes the movies have versus how very few of them are holes in the actual books. Like, I don't think there's been a single movie plot hole that Fi's asked me about that I couldn't explain based on my own understanding of canon, or find in my books within a few seconds (so long as I don't get distracted reading haha).

He hasn't read Harry Potter?...I don't understand what those words mean.

• Options

I know it. I've honestly never dated a guy who had. :( But I'm introducing him via his favorite medium - movies - and intend to "trick" him into reading them via either displaying these huge holes the movies leave unexplained, or reading them aloud (both of us) while any future buns are in the proverbial oven.
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

I know it. I've honestly never dated a guy who had. :( But I'm introducing him via his favorite medium - movies - and intend to "trick" him into reading them via either displaying these huge holes the movies leave unexplained, or reading them aloud (both of us) while any future buns are in the proverbial oven.
    I love the audio books with Jim Dale.  I think I've listened to them about a hundred times (not an exaggeration and that's not counting the times I've read them).  Harry Potter was one of the key ways SO won me over.  I was very disturbed to hear he "liked Harry Potter" but had never read the books (psh, boy please).  So he went out and rented all seven books from the library and listened to them for a month straight on his way to and from work.  He really liked me (plus HP is amazing).  

• Options
    BF and I like to read to each other out loud.  We read The Princess Bride and now we are reading Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy to each other.  I will suggesst Harry Potter after this. 

• Options
    levioosa said:

I love the audio books with Jim Dale.  I think I've listened to them about a hundred times (not an exaggeration and that's not counting the times I've read them).  Harry Potter was one of the key ways SO won me over.  I was very disturbed to hear he "liked Harry Potter" but had never read the books (psh, boy please).  So he went out and rented all seven books from the library and listened to them for a month straight on his way to and from work.  He really liked me (plus HP is amazing).  
    Yeah, well, FI won me over with the Doctor and fantastic food and bowling haha. So I forgave the shortcomings in the HP division. That's fixable, and for me - having dated people who thought my HP "thing" was weird - just the fact that he's willing to watch the movies with me while I rant about how many holes they could have plugged is good. :)

I have never listened to the audiobooks. Should I?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards