Wedding Woes
Options

Is it bad??/Vent?

My wedding is 2 weeks away. I'm on track and everything is pretty much taken care of. We are just working on the after party with FI's parents, which took forever to getting going on the planning for one. I guess I'm a little stressed there. I'm also sort of at the point where I am over this whole planning thing and want the day here and over with. I just want things done being planned and I guess kind of don't even care. Is this feeling towards the after party? I suppose. I didn't care about it from the start. His parents were the ones who wanted it more than anything because our wedding ends early-ish (9pm) and no alcohol is permitted at our venue. Is it bad to feel this way? I feel like it is because I should be excited since it's my wedding day.

Re: Is it bad??/Vent?

• Options

If it's so important to them, hand the detail over to the IL's and say "you know what, I really just want to get to our Honeymoon Suite and _________________ once the initial party is over...  why don't you plan the Apres' Party?!?!?!"  If they're against taking over the detail, simple solution, skip it!

No, it's not bad to feel this way since you chose a site knowing that you'd be done by about 9PM or so once you got everything taken down/packed up...  Also, you're totally normal.  The one detail bridal magazines and fairy princess stories is that you go through all this planning and work for one day, but the reality is, unless you're made of money and can afford to delegate out 99% of the responsibilities involved, it's going to feel like you're working more than partying yourself.  Best thing to do is every hour or so, stop whatever it is you're doing, take a look around you and soak in the moment whatever that moment is.  Enjoy who you're surrounded by, and have fun as much as possible!!

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Not bad.  I usually suggest people get to a point and stop caring, because nobody else will either.  Have fun, laugh if something happens, and move on.  As long as there are no decapitated flower girls and you have a marriage it's been a successful day.

I'm starting to think all of my posts should end with "I have low standards though"

• Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2015
    6fsn said:

Not bad.  I usually suggest people get to a point and stop caring, because nobody else will either.  Have fun, laugh if something happens, and move on.  As long as there are no decapitated flower girls and you have a marriage it's been a successful day.

I'm starting to think all of my posts should end with "I have low standards though"

I stopped caring more than 2 weeks out. I just wanted to go, have fun, eat yummy food, and dance/celebrate with all of the friends and family. I wouldn't call it low standards, i would say that you're just allowing yourself to relax and enjoy. 

OP - don't know if you guys will be leaving for a honeymoon the next day, but honestly, i was fine when our reception ended at 10ish. (it was supposed to end at 9, but people were having fun so we extended it from 9-10) It still took time to get changed, pick up anything we were taking, and drive to the hotel. Our flight the next morning was crazy early, and i wanted to get back to the hotel for some bcbc and sleep before we left at 5ish am. 

ETA: I know some of our friends went and had their own after party (they invited us) - but i was just ready to sit and relax by then. i would say let your ILs plan whatever they want, and if you guys are still up for going out after the wedding and reception, you can go with them. 
  • Options
    It's good to know I'm not alone with the not caring. I actually just had a little breakdown with FI last night before bed and told him. I just want to enjoy it all, be married and all. I was totally fine with everything ending early. I'm not a party or drinking person. But he still wants to go even though he's not too into having it either. IL's are paying for the hall and DJ and we are doing food and alcohol. Fair enough. Haha. We aren't going out of state for honeymoon. Kinda a staycation thing since we are paying for everything so money is tight. I don't mind at all though:) a week of no work or worries and relaxation with the new hubby? Sounds great to me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards