Snarky Brides

The prettiest princess of all!

This was about two years ago, but it still irritates me when i think about it.  I worked with this woman who was getting married.  She was having a destination wedding in Cancun.  Her parents, who were very wealthy, were paying, so she was going ALL OUT an having a ton of guests, some of whom they paid to fly down and stay.

If you want to picture her, she has long bleached-blond hair, always has her makeup done to the nines, and despite not possibly weighing more than 90 pounds, has breasts the size of bowling balls and an engagement ring almost as big.

So she was obviously out of work for a while, and when she was back, she kept saying she needed to leave early to "go get married".  They didn't actually get married in Cancun; they just have a zillion-dollar PPD. 

So she kept saying she needed to leave early to get married, but she kept not doing it.  Whatever, crazy lady.

So fast-forward a month, and she's taking more time off.  She's going on a 2-week trip to China - with one of her friends.  WHY she planned an international trip with a girlfriend right after her wedding baffled us all.

She had lots of stories about China when she came back, but in all of them, she made a point of saying "my friend" instead of the name - and instead of a pronoun.

It turns out that the friend was a man.  A man who worked in another department at our company.  She had left her "husband" (we don't know if they ever got married or not) and moved in with the guy who took her to China.

So she obviously knew she didn't want to marry her fiance, but she just HAD to have her day!  I can't imagine how enraged her family must have been!

Re: The prettiest princess of all!

• Wow. Just...wow.

It sounds like her "husband" dodged a serious bullet here. I hope for his sake they never did officially get married. Can you imagine how she'd probably try to screw him with a divorce?
  • But... it IS indicative of her moral character.
  • edited March 2015
    Stereotypes don't develop out of thin air.  They develop out of people who have a certain trait or set of traits often also having the same set of unrelated traits.

This one fits the stereotype.

Why is this a thing i have to explain?
  • This was about two years ago, but it still irritates me when i think about it.  I worked with this woman who was getting married.  She was having a destination wedding in Cancun.  Her parents, who were very wealthy, were paying, so she was going ALL OUT an having a ton of guests, some of whom they paid to fly down and stay.

If you want to picture her, she has long bleached-blond hair, always has her makeup done to the nines, and despite not possibly weighing more than 90 pounds, has breasts the size of bowling balls and an engagement ring almost as big.

So she was obviously out of work for a while, and when she was back, she kept saying she needed to leave early to "go get married".  They didn't actually get married in Cancun; they just have a zillion-dollar PPD. 

So she kept saying she needed to leave early to get married, but she kept not doing it.  Whatever, crazy lady.

So fast-forward a month, and she's taking more time off.  She's going on a 2-week trip to China - with one of her friends.  WHY she planned an international trip with a girlfriend right after her wedding baffled us all.

She had lots of stories about China when she came back, but in all of them, she made a point of saying "my friend" instead of the name - and instead of a pronoun.

It turns out that the friend was a man.  A man who worked in another department at our company.  She had left her "husband" (we don't know if they ever got married or not) and moved in with the guy who took her to China.

So she obviously knew she didn't want to marry her fiance, but she just HAD to have her day!  I can't imagine how enraged her family must have been!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice how you used this girl's appearance as a way to prove how awful she is. I have light blonde hair, so I guess it's a good thing I have small boobs and imperfect makeup. Otherwise, I'd be a spoiled rich whore. I got lucky there! Or... Maybe I just made choices to not get a boob job and to not spend that long on my makeup today. 

I know there are stereotypes. We all know that. The fact that you don't seem to think you should apologize for using her appearance against her speaks more about you than the stereotype speaks about her. 
  • But... it IS indicative of her moral character.

You're fucking kidding me with this shit, right? 
  • This snark is lame. Her appearance has nothing to do with her behavior. Are you suggesting that all thin women with blonde hair and large breasts are the type to cheat on their husbands? Three of my friends all fit that description. And all three of them are amazing, kind, gracious, loving people.

The snark here should be directed at you and your sexist, disgusting stereotyping. You should be embarrassed to have posted this.

And her love of cash bars.

Formerly martha1818

• levioosa said:

Stereotypes don't develop out of thin air.  They develop out of people who have a certain trait or set of traits often also having the same set of unrelated traits.

Sometimes I like to wear a push up bra (on top of having 34DDDs) and oodles of makeup when I go out.  So I'm automatically a shit person?  It's insulting to suggest that appearance is indicative of moral character.  But I shouldn't really be surprised as you apparently stereotype everything. 

So. Much. This. 

Also, I guess OP would consider me to be a horrible person, since I have blonde hair, love to do my makeup to the nines, and have large boobs. I also have a large diamond for the area that I live in. But I would never cheat on my FI, and I treat people with kindness and respect. Unless they make sweeping generalizations about people that are plain wrong. 

• I read this yesterday and just didn't comment because it read as though the OP had a personal issue with this person based on her looks. 

Yeah maybe she was a shitty person in her marriage, but the way that you wrote this post suggested you were hating on the popular girl at school.
  • edited March 2015
    I always find it hilarious when people post in "snarky brides" and then get all flabbergasted when people are actually snarky with them... You're the (*NOPE) for saying someone's appearance has anything to do with their character. Insecure, much?

*TOS violation removed by Moderator.
  • This was about two years ago, but it still irritates me when i think about it.  I worked with this woman who was getting married.  She was having a destination wedding in Cancun.  Her parents, who were very wealthy, were paying, so she was going ALL OUT an having a ton of guests, some of whom they paid to fly down and stay.

What? I get the cheating, but the rest was gibberish.

Anniversary

• Stereotypes don't develop out of thin air.  They develop out of people who have a certain trait or set of traits often also having the same set of unrelated traits.

• The sterotyping happening this week is atrocious. 
  • The sterotyping happening this week is atrocious. 

I agree! Rolled my eyes real hard when I read the OP and was happy to read the replies.
  • Oddly enough, when I was ~90 lbs with bleach-blonde hair and giant boobs, I was with the same guy I'm still with now. I was far more morally loose when my hair was dyed jet black and my figure hadn't filled out yet.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Add me to the busty blonde brigade annoyed with this post.

Seriously? Do you really think people's looks have anything to do with their actions? Ridiculous. Your heart and mind have absolutely nothing to do with how much makeup you wear, how skinny you are, or even how big your implants are. Come on.

Not saying this girl should be defended for her actions, which sound pretty terrible, but can we leave people's appearances out of this?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish here, OP. I've now seen you talking out of your ass in a few threads and I just... I don't get it.

Please acquire some chill.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• edited March 2015
    I do not understand any of you people.  I have never been to a more hateful board in my life.

I told a story about how a woman had a FAKE WEDDING and then immediately left her fake husband for another guy.

I mentioned that she looked as fake as she acted with the glued on eyelashes, the body by black market adderal (yes, i know this for a fact; she talked about it all the time) and the fake chest her fiance bought her before she pretended to marry him.  All any of you care about, though, is that now her sins are suddenly forgiven because you happen to have met women with fake eyelashes and breasts who didn't happen to be evil like her.

It's creepy.
  • beethery said:

I'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish here, OP. I've now seen you talking out of your ass in a few threads and I just... I don't get it.

Please acquire some chill.

• I do not understand any of you people.  I have never been to a more hateful board in my life.

I told a story about how a woman had a FAKE WEDDING and then immediately left her fake husband for another guy.

I mentioned that she looked as fake as she acted with the glued on eyelashes, the body by black market adderal (yes, i know this for a fact; she talked about it all the time) and the fake chest her fiance bought her before she pretended to marry him.  All any of you care about, though, is that now her sins are suddenly forgiven because you happen to have met women with fake eyelashes and breasts who didn't happen to be evil like her.

It's creepy.

Do you know what I think? I think you are making up stories for shits. Literally everything you have posted on this board has been ignorant and inflammatory. I see you, troll. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards